• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Cover Reproduction

4 posts in this topic

I saw this listed on Ebay.  Unless there is some variant of umbo 31, some enterprising person created a wonderful folk art cover repro.  The seller mentions pieces added and CT and shows the interior cover.  I can imagine a kid doing this, maybe without evening knowing what the real cover looked like.  I think it is quite a novelty.

You can decide which is which :smile:

jumbo_comics_31.jpeg s-l1600.jpg

Edited by telerites

1 hour ago, Spyder! said:

I saw this as well.  It's laughable.  That poor copy of Jumbo 31...

Obviously not professional but doesn't it make you wonder - was it done as a joke, or maybe by a young kid back in the day, maybe a school project....

It is unique to say the least.  Interesting that the seller doesn't note it directly.

Edited by telerites

This might be a little off-topic and may be discussed elsewhere, but why or how does CGC grade coverless comics with repro covers and leave he covers in the case? Shouldn't it at least get a restored grade? *pieces added*? Seems weird to present like a nice copy and get NG coverless universal.