Hulu's GHOST RIDER show (2020)

6 posts in this topic

79,699 posts
Posted (edited)

"Marvel’s Ghost Rider" centers on Robbie Reyes, the quintessential antihero, who lives on the Texas/Mexico border, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. When he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles controlling the power he wields. "Marvel’s Ghost Rider" is executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.

“I couldn’t be more excited and honored to be handed the reins to a Marvel character as beloved as GHOST RIDER. This story hits every note for me—my love for grounded yet conflicted characters and my desire to scare the $&!# out of people! It’s important to me to find a take that thrills existing fans as well as wider audiences and I believe we’ve done just that,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Ingrid Escajeda.

“As a lifelong Marvel fan, I feel incredibly fortunate to help bring this darker, thrilling corner of the comic book universe to life, and I’m just grateful to everyone at Marvel Television and Hulu for the opportunity,” said Paul Zbyszewski, Executive Producer and Showrunner. “Marvel’s known for all the heart, humor, and action they put into every series, but this time around we’re adding some scares to that mix. I think we’ve found a compelling way to dissect some of our deepest fears through the experiences of our two lead characters.”

"We're thrilled Hulu will be moving into a new—admittedly chilling—corner of the Marvel Universe with GHOST RIDER and HELSTROM. Paul and Ingrid are crafting gripping adventures into fear that live in our SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE cornerstone."

Both series are co-productions with Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios and join the upcoming third season of "Marvel’s Runaways" and recently announced adult animated series based on the popular Marvel Television characters including “Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.,” “Marvel’s Hit Monkey,” “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show,” and “Marvel’s Howard the Duck," which will culminate in a special event, “Marvel’s The Offenders.”

Edited by Bosco685

309 posts

Both series are co-productions with Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios and join the upcoming third season of "Marvel’s Runaways" and recently announced adult animated series based on the popular Marvel Television characters including “Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.,” “Marvel’s Hit Monkey,” “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show,” and “Marvel’s Howard the Duck," which will culminate in a special event, “Marvel’s The Offenders.”

Wait, what the wha? The "Offenders"????? First time hearing about this too! 

So I am guessing HULU is now the home of Marvel tv show productions instead o Netflix

:gossip:

4,400 posts
3 hours ago, DjMartini said:

So I am guessing HULU is now the home of Marvel tv show productions instead o Netflix

:gossip:

Yeah - With it's Fox buy-out, Disney now owns 60% of Netflix & Comcast owns 30%. AT&T did own the other 10%, but recently exited -- my understanding is they haven't yet finalized the split, but the gist is Disney owns 60-70% of Hulu.

Which means they can also shuffle premium material from Disney+ to Hulu at will, supporting that platform.

303 posts

Which means they can also shuffle premium material from Disney+ to Hulu at will, supporting that platform.

good - I recently dropped Verizon for my TV and went with Hulu's live TV streaming package (which incls their streaming library)

79,699 posts

And the teasing commences. :ohnoez:

3,428 posts

^^