• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would it be Worth Slabbing These Crowdfunded Indies?

13 posts in this topic

Firstly, I've never physically held one, so I don't know if GCG would even Slab it due to thickness, cover material, etc. Regardless, whichever side of the Comics debate you're on we can all agree at least that we're in the middle of a cultural moment. All that being said, does the community think it may be worth the time and effort to maybe look into getting a few of these Kickstarter/IndieGoGo books slabbed if for nothing else historical / cultural purposes?

9 minutes ago, Rakkis said:

Firstly, I've never physically held one, so I don't know if GCG would even Slab it due to thickness, cover material, etc. Regardless, whichever side of the Comics debate you're on we can all agree at least that we're in the middle of a cultural moment. All that being said, does the community think it may be worth the time and effort to maybe look into getting a few of these Kickstarter/IndieGoGo books slabbed if for nothing else historical / cultural purposes?

hm   

19 hours ago, Rakkis said:

Slabbing has nothing to do with historical / cultural purposes. You could stick them in mylar with full backs and achieve nearly the same result. If you're looking to preserve them, proper storage conditions for paper are the most important factor, not whether  they are encased in plastic.

On 5/6/2019 at 6:14 AM, Jeffro. said:

Slabbing has nothing to do with historical / cultural purposes. You could stick them in mylar with full backs and achieve nearly the same result. If you're looking to preserve them, proper storage conditions for paper are the most important factor, not whether  they are encased in plastic.

+1

Exactly what he said.  (thumbsu

Personally, I would never even think of slabbing a book unless it came time to sell it.  Even then, only if I thought it had a guaranteed market value of $300 or more, based upon its current pre-slabbed condition.  hm

If It is a book you like and want to pay to have it slabbed because it would look great go for it. If your doing it in hopes of selling it for profit probably not. That's not to say it couldn't happen but most likely not. 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, seanfingh said:

I can't figure out what the f this guy is talking about.

Are asking if you should slab one of the Jawbreaker crowdfund books?

He just said Kickstarter/indigogo. I think the question is are some of them worth grading.