Tomb of terror 15 question/opinion
0

9 posts in this topic

28 posts

Hey guys how’s it going? 

I have a tomb of terror 15 that has both covers detached and an incorrect back cover, my question to you is should I get it graded with the back cover or not? Should I get it graded at all? Should I pay for the cover to be reattached? Thanks for your input! 2F8584F5-722C-464B-AF16-DC8EFEC1F87A.thumb.jpeg.80f9c407807189db4b9b5b1e98ef6ea2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,020 posts
Posted (edited)

Leave it alone.  Don't get it graded.  Put it in a mylar and enjoy it.  For a poor (incomplete), it presents nicely from the partial picture you posted.  Love how the eyes have been colored to look especially bloodshot too. 

Edited by Tsp99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,222 posts

Yep, just Mylar and enjoy it. Looks Ike it was well loved by a previous owner. Part of the charm of this book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
506 posts

I kind of prefer beat comics that have a loose cover, makes them easier to look at without damaging the cover more if I can just take out the insides. Keep it out of a plastic tomb, touch it, hold it, look at it, smell it, enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 posts
6 hours ago, Tsp99 said:

Leave it alone.  Don't get it graded.  Put it in a mylar and enjoy it.  For a poor (incomplete), it presents nicely from the partial picture you posted.  Love how the eyes have been colored to look especially bloodshot too. 

Yeah I’m sorry about that picture, I’m so new at posting on here I wasn’t sure how to edit the picture/move it so it was all in view.

thanks for your input! I love this comic so much.. I’ll just keep the look out for another one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,790 posts

Agreed with everyone else; more powerful raw than sealed in a slab with a very low grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,508 posts
On 5/11/2019 at 10:18 PM, Mak420 said:

Hey guys how’s it going? 

I have a tomb of terror 15 that has both covers detached and an incorrect back cover, my question to you is should I get it graded with the back cover or not? Should I get it graded at all? Should I pay for the cover to be reattached? Thanks for your input! 

Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what book the BC may have come from?  Is it the same period as the book/cover?  

And yes like others have said, mylar it.  Such a great, gruesome cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,240 posts

I would agree with the majority here, to simply leave it as is and enjoy it.  That said, here are scans of mine, FC, BC, and part of the inside BC.  If you can find another 1954 book with the same BC, you could "marry it" to this one, loosely.

Tomb of Terror 15.jpg

ToT 15 BC.jpg

ToT 15 in BC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 posts
1 hour ago, fifties said:

I would agree with the majority here, to simply leave it as is and enjoy it.  That said, here are scans of mine, FC, BC, and part of the inside BC.  If you can find another 1954 book with the same BC, you could "marry it" to this one, loosely.

Tomb of Terror 15.jpg

ToT 15 BC.jpg

ToT 15 in BC.jpg

Oh yeah man I’ve been looking for almost 8 months for a back cover. 

Some comics that share the same back cover are black cat mystery 50, and chamber of chills 23 Both are high dollar books lol 😭. So I’m kinda out of luck unless someone on here has a back cover laying around?

I’ve made a couple post on some other comic book forms looking for a sew leather ad from Harvey comics around 1954. 

Im trying to save a couple grand for a complete one that will replace this one.

thanks so much for taking the time out to scan your book! 

This is the back cover that came with mine. 

B74B46C5-8FD3-494C-BD44-D1590B556223.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0