• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen King's THE EYES OF THE DRAGON on Hulu (TBD)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

For those wondering how they will possibly survive without Game of Thrones after Sunday’s finale, maybe there’s epic fantasy life beyond Westeros. How about an epic fantasy series adaptation of a bestselling Stephen King novel, one that taps into the mythology of King’s epic Dark Tower and even shares a major villain character from the author’s masterwork, The Stand? It has the requisite faeries, elves and dragons of the fantasy fare — sans the fiery genocide and sexual brutality that was a trademark of GOT.

Hulu has made a deal to develop a pilot based on the King novel Eyes of the Dragon, which was first published in 1984. Seth Grahame-Smith (Lego Batman Movie) is writing the opening episode and serving as the show-runner. Fox 21 is the studio. Grahame and his KatzSmith partner David Katzenberg will be exec producers along with Bill Haber, Roy Lee and Jon Berg.

Hulu competed with Apple for the rights and won the auction.

Dragon takes place in fictional realm of Delain and tells the story of power and the path of two prince brothers.

King Roland’s manipulative magician, Flagg, sees his power threatened when Queen Sasha gives birth to Peter, an heir to the throne. When the queen is pregnant with a second son, Flagg gets her midwife to mortally wound the queen and so begins his plot to dispose of the future king. Peter brings wine to his father’s bed chambers each night and Flagg poisons the potion and frames the son. The magician has meanwhile also been manipulating the younger son, Thomas, showing him secret passages where the boy can spy on his father. Thomas sees the murder of the king and the frameup of his brother, but is torn when Peter is found guilty and locked in an enormous tower. After all with Peter gone, he’s king at age 12. He allows Flagg widespread power that corrupts the kingdom. Meanwhile, Peter must attempt an escape to thwart Flagg and win back the throne.

I read Eyes of the Dragon some 30 years ago.  Unfortunately I remember nothing of the story - only recall that I thoroughly enjoyed it and could not put it down; so very excited about this announcment.  Still have that paperback on my bookshelf; the spine is so crease you can barely still make out the title.