• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is happening to the hobby?
2 2

411 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

have to 100% agree with this! credibility is knowing what your talking about having good discussions about things and being knowledgeable about what your talking about and people recognizing your contributions or discussions and debating it productively back.

And how do you not become the person you are describing without sticking around,sticking it out,taking criticism and feedback and engaging in things

I admit,when it comes to comic books I am in kindergarten,and according to Shakespeare...or TwoPiece that probably goes as well for my grammar,but I'm working on it.

16 hours ago, 1Cool said:

11000 post of talking about himself as a seperate person and threatening to put people on a list will not be missed.

To be fair, at least a half dozen of his posts made some sense, to someone, somewhere.

I'm hoping for a new list and will strive to be featured prominently on it.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm just trying to teach him. It doesn't appear to be working...

well hopefully he hangs out and becomes a good natured (if he isn't already) life long collector and is here to buy my drekollection when I cash out. 

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

To be fair, at least a half dozen of his posts made some sense, to someone, somewhere.

I fully expected to find him hanging outside the Warner Brothers lot on Forest Lawn Drive screaming at the sky. Honest, I did. 

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

well hopefully he hangs out and becomes a good natured (if he isn't already) life long collector and is here to buy my drekollection when I cash out. 

Fill hope in one hand and his drek posts in another and let me know which one fills up first. lol

Ok, some honesty here. I just read the OP just now. Some, um, yeah, apologies to all. 

Maybe english isn't his first language. He might be a kid, too. 

Anyways, just try complete sentences regardless of subject matter. 

Edited by NoMan

21 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm just trying to teach him. It doesn't appear to be working...

Perhaps he just needs a competent teacher. I'd be curious what qualifications a  person has before allowing them to teach anyone.

It's nice that you are so eager to teach people, but what are you teaching them?

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Ok, some honesty here. I just read the OP just now. Some, um, yeah, apologies to all. 

Maybe english isn't his first language. He might be a kid, too. 

Anyways, just try complete sentences regardless of subject matter. 

He TMI'd us by saying he was in jail for 20 years, so he can't be a kid.

He's also Canadian, so English is his first language.

He's not the worst person in the world. lol

Just now, shadroch said:

Perhaps he just needs a competent teacher. I'd be curious what qualifications a  person has before allowing them to teach anyone.

It's nice that you are so eager to teach people, but what are you teaching them?

Sick burn.

I'm trying to teach him proper English/American-English. It's not working. Feel free to relieve me of this role.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Sick burn.

I'm trying to teach him proper English/American-English. It's not working. Feel free to relieve me of this role.

I gonna try. I'm going to take his OP and try to translate. Jail for 20 years? Anyways here goes:

Did you see how much Die 1 9.8 is going for? It's 300$. That's insane!

Virgin Variants aren't much better. I like them, but too much money!

And Immortal Hulk 2!? Everyone seems to want one!

I like comic books where Cosmic Dudes fight and try to be pools of dead Cosmic Dudes. It's a wonder they go for so much.

What the hell!!!! Comics are too much.

Honestly, I feel like going on Ebay, typing in Amazing Spiderman, writing a letter to Steve Ditko even tho he's dead and filtering ending auctions soonest and just bidding on silver age.

There. How's that? Is that kinda what you ment?

Edited by NoMan

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

He TMI'd us by saying he was in jail for 20 years, so he can't be a kid.

He's also Canadian, so English is his first language.

He's not the worst person in the world. lol

Thanks

This is like the fifth time we have went through this

I apologize for my poor grammar,can we move on?

15 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Wow. Old habits die hard.

I did not think of creating a new "List" but since I will be forever associated with that let me get my neanderthal portion of the brain working on it...

But I am here because of my involvement in the Comic Book hobby. I sell quite a bit and was willing to share some insights. Good faith effort to

help those who may need it. I do know how hard it can be, trust me.

But I must now do some shameless self-promotion:

NO ONE has sold more IMSM than I have. Throw all the Metropolis's at me, all the Mile Highs, anyone you wish to bash me with,

NO ONE can touch my worst month.

The problem I now face is that my raw copy count is below 1,000 and now I need to decide if  want to continue with this Title of still

having more than anyone else. Nice "problem" to have.

CAL2 the KING of IMSM, and a few others to be more honest... 

8 hours ago, calamerica2 said:

Thanx, James J Johnson! 

Wait. Not so fast. Don't you mean, "Cal thanks you"?  Or some other similar third person language?  hm

Either the real Cal has been replaced with a replica, thus the unexplained disappearance, or it's the damned Mandela Effect and this is the Cal crossed over from the timeline where Cal communicates in the first person!  :whatthe:

Thanks again, CERN. :pullhair:

1 hour ago, calamerica2 said:

I did not think of creating a new "List" but since I will be forever associated with that let me get my neanderthal portion of the brain working on it...

But I am here because of my involvement in the Comic Book hobby. I sell quite a bit and was willing to share some insights. Good faith effort to

NO ONE has sold more IMSM than I have. Throw all the Metropolis's at me, all the Mile Highs, anyone you wish to bash me with,

The problem I now face is that my raw copy count is below 1,000 and now I need to decide if  want to continue with this Title of still

Reading this, you would fit into the UFO research community perfectly. You have been involved, haven't you? Mogul Ballon or real life UFO?

Edited by NoMan

3 minutes ago, calamerica2 said:

What is IMSM..?

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Wait. Not so fast. Don't you mean, "Cal thanks you"?  Or some other similar third person language?  hm

Either the real Cal has been replaced with a replica, thus the unexplained disappearance, or it's the damned Mandela Effect and this is the Cal crossed over from the timeline where Cal communicates in the first person!  :whatthe:

Thanks again, CERN. :pullhair:

You get a Field Goal, three points here! 

I was supposed to sign off that post with: " CAL2 who is the KING of IMSM..." instead of the CAL2 the KING of IMSM. Good D on your part!

CAL2 who is also a NFL nut...