PGM - Amazing Spider-Man #2

13 posts in this topic

19 posts

Book has some writing inside. Looks like someone tried to do their math homework 😂 Also a pen mark on another page. Will that give it a “Qualified” label? Would it even be noted on the “Universal” label? Thank you!

FAECAA35-4083-4EEB-B28A-4091548FE935.jpeg

88685B89-7511-41E5-9256-6E741A1CBC3B.jpeg

AF57AB51-76D4-4976-BBC4-F676CD8C8CFC.jpeg

83985AE8-0C88-4F09-9F59-F07DDF710AF3.jpeg

A0F3700B-190F-48D6-ACA2-B00CD4AE8DDD.jpeg

960 posts

I think it still gets a blue label. Pencil in margins won’t hurt it Michu the outer wear has me at 2.5-3.0. Outside shot at a 3.5

24,796 posts

I'd probably say 2.5 for the large chunk missing on back and the other minor issues. Nice one tho!

2,886 posts

Yeah, I think you can kiss anything above the "Good" range good-bye...that large chunk out of the back cover is tough to ignore. No need to worry about the writing, though...   

2,790 posts

2.0 range but would look nice in cgc case

970 posts

First let me say...

Any copy of ASM #2 is a Nice Book. especially the "Well Loved" copies so ENJOY!!!

IMO that book would have graded at a GD+ 2.5 - GD/VG 3.0 if not for the chunk missing from the rear cover which places the book in the FR/GD 1.5 range but IMO the overall condition presents too well for that so...

1.8 GOOD- (GD-):  Back to Top
Fits the criteria for Good but with an additional defect or small accumulation of defects that detracts from the book's appearance by a perceptible amount.

24,796 posts
15 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

First let me say...

Any copy of ASM #2 is a Nice Book. especially the "Well Loved" copies so ENJOY!!!

IMO that book would have graded at a GD+ 2.5 - GD/VG 3.0 if not for the chunk missing from the rear cover which places the book in the FR/GD 1.5 range but IMO the overall condition presents too well for that so...

1.8 GOOD- (GD-):  Back to Top
Fits the criteria for Good but with an additional defect or small accumulation of defects that detracts from the book's appearance by a perceptible amount.

I can't say you're wrong. But IMO, since the problem is on the back and the front looks nice for the grade range, I would hope worst case it's a 2.0. Who knows though. I can think of a few similar examples, one being SA Marvels with their front cover ULC boxes cut out that received 2.0s... but this piece is a touch bigger, and hard to say how much CGC factors in the front vs back thing.

970 posts
22 hours ago, Point Five said:

I can't say you're wrong. But IMO, since the problem is on the back and the front looks nice for the grade range, I would hope worst case it's a 2.0. Who knows though. I can think of a few similar examples, one being SA Marvels with their front cover ULC boxes cut out that received 2.0s... but this piece is a touch bigger, and hard to say how much CGC factors in the front vs back thing.

2.0 GOOD (GD):

"The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, although some Silver Age books such as 1960s Marvels have had the price corner box clipped from the top left front cover and may be considered Good if they would otherwise have graded higher."

Until it comes back from CGC it is all speculation.

1,583 posts

I would have to agree 2.0 if ur lucky; also what's that white spot near the top on the back cover? could that be glue/restoration? (assuming no) 

2,886 posts
On 5/21/2019 at 12:37 PM, Point Five said:

I think you're in the right area...this book has "Good" written all over it...

167 posts

2.0 as well.

12,598 posts

The math work appears easily erasable. Otherwise, they will probably note the pencil markings on the label. You can request lower grade Blue over higher grade Green and they will do so if Green is in play.