Berkeley Comic Show Sun. June 30th Great Dealer Lineup
1 1

67 posts in this topic

11,268 posts

No Harley. Comic Cellar is coming up from LA. A-1, Bunky, Champion, Heroes, Shortboxed, Worlds of Wonder, etc.

30 posts

Excited for this show! Which vendors at the show would be good to see for Golden Age books, like early Action Comics, Detective Comics, Flash Comics, Captain America Comics and Sensation Comics? Thanks!

3,984 posts

I will be looking for More funs 20 to 51 would like them Raw 4.0 range.

720 posts
1 hour ago, Aznfunk said:

Excited for this show! Which vendors at the show would be good to see for Golden Age books, like early Action Comics, Detective Comics, Flash Comics, Captain America Comics and Sensation Comics? Thanks!

I'll have a couple GA Action, Superman, Batman and Captain America slabs. 

@Bunky Brian always has some as well. 

10,998 posts
On 6/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

No Harley.

Will there be a Berkeley con after this June, 2019 show :nyah: but before Nov, 2019?

11,268 posts
3 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Will there be a Berkeley con after this June, 2019 show :nyah: but before Nov, 2019?

No, the vagaries of the calendar dictate Nov. 3 for the next one. (Silicon Valley Con, our remaining local big con, just switched from April to August and then there just happen to be a ton of local shows in September and October.) Btw, we tried for Saturday Nov. 2  but the venue was booked.

2,611 posts

I'm bringing  myself one of my kids and my cousin. First time going back to a bay area show since Steve Wyatt had the last Hayward show I believe it was. Kids looking for Daredevils, My Cousin is looking for Star wars ,G.i Joe and transformers (80's marvel), I'm on the hunt for good Marvel books and I just started buying Magazines again Marvel and Warren so hopefully a dealer or 2 will lug out a few magazine boxes :wishluck:

11,268 posts

I'll have GI Joes, Transformers, and Star Wars for sure. You can find me up front where I can have a direct line of sight with Tim (wormboy) at the door.

As for the magazines, I'd suggest hitting up Brian Peets at A-1 Comics Sacramento. He does a good job of bringing stuff that people request in advance. If you have some mag highlights he'd be happy to bring them. He'll also be up front at this show.

6,183 posts
On 6/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, JWKyle said:

I'm bringing  myself one of my kids and my cousin. First time going back to a bay area show since Steve Wyatt had the last Hayward show I believe it was. Kids looking for Daredevils, My Cousin is looking for Star wars ,G.i Joe and transformers (80's marvel), I'm on the hunt for good Marvel books and I just started buying Magazines again Marvel and Warren so hopefully a dealer or 2 will lug out a few magazine boxes :wishluck:

We (Worlds Of Wonder) will be bringing a lot of these 1980's titles as well as Magazines. I'll do an update this week.

2,611 posts

If anyone can dig up a G.i. Joe 155 vf or so for around guide that would be appreciated also:wishluck: 

1,024 posts

Any preview pics??

720 posts
11 hours ago, mstrange said:

Any preview pics??

Here are a few slabs. About half of these we've never put up for sale before and only making available at Berkeley. More to come.

IMG_20190627_075053__01__01.jpg

11,268 posts

I don't have a preview pic, but my main pickup since the last show was a complete set of DC war, 1952-1988. Everything.

I also really want to recommend you guys chat about old comics with Erik Larsen if you get a chance. He's an expert in all things Kirby, plus knows a lot about golden age Captain Marvel, Herb Trimpe, and a lot of other things.

720 posts
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, mstrange said:

Any preview pics??

Here are some more slabs we're bringing. First time we've brought these out for sale. After the show, back into the vault! 

IMG_20190627_170644__01.jpg

Edited by shortboxed

26,847 posts

I regret I have to pass once again.  :sorry:

Next one in November? Hopefully that will work for me!

7,917 posts
1 hour ago, PovertyRow said:

I regret I have to pass once again.  :sorry:

Next one in November? Hopefully that will work for me!

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:frustrated:

11,268 posts

Inker James Pascoe just added as an additional guest. He's done a lot of Batman work and a long run on Azrael, plus X-Men, Superman, L.E.G.I.O.N. etc.

720 posts
On 6/26/2019 at 8:41 PM, mstrange said:

Any preview pics??

More slabs coming to Berkeley! 

IMG_20190628_165105.jpg