• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED - Both Books Sold!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

This is my first sale, so please treat my gently.

Let's get the guidelines out of the way:

ACCEPTED PAYMENT
check, money order, or PayPal (unless otherwise noted)

TERMS OF SALE

First unconditional :takeit:  in the thread gets the book and will trump any ongoing PM transactions, including any deal made through PM and not posted in the thread yet. PMs welcomed for additional information.
NO returns on CGC graded books. Returns on raw books accepted within 7 days. Buyer pays shipping.

No probies or HoS members.

SHIPPING
Free to US (Canada $25)

First up, Amazing Spider-Man #13 CGC 7.0 with off-white to white pages. First appearance of Mysterio (Quentin Beck). Last sale, according to  GPA, was for $2350 on May 19, 2019. I'm setting a sale price of $2300. Money order only accepted for this book.

Grader Notes:
crease left bottom of back cover
light spine stress lines breaks color
very light bends to cover

If you read the grader notes, there are definitely some issues that can be addressed by a good pressing, perhaps making the book even more valuable.

Yes, I know my slab picture taking skills are lacking, but I did the best that I could.

ASM13-1.JPG

ASM13-2.JPG

ASM13-3.JPG

ASM13-4.JPG

ASM13-5.JPG

ASM13-6.JPG

ASM13-7.JPG

ASM13-8.JPG

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer
Changed wording.

Next up, Amazing Spider-Man #2 in 1.0 - 1.5 condition. This would be a qualified book, as a coupon was cut out of the Terrible Tinkerer story, which affects the story (I have included a picture that illustrates this issue). Severe spine roll, as seen in the pictures. The cover is still attached at both staples, but very tenuously. A 1.0 (incomplete) sold for $600 on April 6, 2019, but I don't know why. I think that this might grade at 1.5, so I'm setting the sale price at $350.

SOLD to @WASM via PM.

ASM2-Front.jpg

ASM2-Back.jpg

ASM2-3.JPG

ASM-4.JPG

ASM-5.JPG

ASM-6.JPG

ASM-7.JPG

ASM-8.JPG

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer
SOLD!

If anyone is interested, I would sell both books for $2575!

FYI, I'm selling these issues to help fund a grail purchase (X-Men #1 CGC 3.0).

Joe Ankenbauer

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer
Changed asking price.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:54 PM, RedGiant said:

And great job on that investment btw. 

On 5/27/2019 at 3:44 PM, Joe Ankenbauer said:

This is my first sale, so please treat my gently.

Let's get the guidelines out of the way:

ACCEPTED PAYMENT
check, money order, or PayPal (unless otherwise noted)

TERMS OF SALE

First unconditional :takeit:  in the thread gets the book and will trump any ongoing PM transactions, including any deal made through PM and not posted in the thread yet. PMs welcomed for additional information.
NO returns on CGC graded books. Returns on raw books accepted within 7 days. Buyer pays shipping.

No probies or HoS members.

SHIPPING
Free to US (Canada $25)

First up, Amazing Spider-Man #13 CGC 7.0 with off-white to white pages. First appearance of Mysterio (Quentin Beck). Last sale, according to  GPA, was for $2350 on May 19, 2019. I'm setting a sale price of $2300. Money order only accepted for this book.

Grader Notes:
crease left bottom of back cover
light spine stress lines breaks color
very light bends to cover

If you read the grader notes, there are definitely some issues that can be addressed by a good pressing, perhaps making the book even more valuable.

Yes, I know my slab picture taking skills are lacking, but I did the best that I could.

ASM13-1.JPG

ASM13-2.JPG

ASM13-3.JPG

ASM13-4.JPG

ASM13-5.JPG

ASM13-6.JPG

ASM13-7.JPG

ASM13-8.JPG

I'll take