• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Comics robbed!?!
4 4

283 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

First off, no, it's been finished for quite some time now. Second, it was actually pretty darn good. Liefeld only did alternate covers, with top-quality art by at the time newcomer Jim Towe, and writing by Chad Bowers. 

Now, let's be honest, it'll never take off in the marketplace, but is that really a necessary criteria for judging whether or not it's a good read? Sometimes a fun book is just a fun book, and that's exactly what that Youngblood series is. 

Krep on Liefeld all you want. However, don't rubbish stuff you have absolutely zero clue about. There's enough misconceptions going around in the comic world, why add to it with your own ignorance? 

Woodgod is a running inside joke around here to a few of us and thank you,  your reply reminds me why i seldom go to the modern section of these boards 

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Woodgod is a running inside joke around here to a few of us and thank you,  your reply reminds me why i seldom go to the modern section of these boards 

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding you, but are you implying that I'm being a because I corrected you on your baseless and ignorant statement about a book? That's... A special kind of entitled. Buuut I really do hope I've misunderstood you. 

8 hours ago, kav said:

The most significant comic collector in history doesnt even know they are called "comic books" not "comics books"
wth

I'd say the guy he ripped off, Edgar Church, was the most significant comic collector, not Chuck.

8 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding you, but are you implying that I'm being a because I corrected you on your baseless and ignorant statement about a book? That's... A special kind of entitled. Buuut I really do hope I've misunderstood you. 

Your comment came completely out of nowhere and had nothing to do with the statement you responded to. Nobody cares that you like Youngblood

26 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Your comment came completely out of nowhere and had nothing to do with the statement you responded to. Nobody cares that you like Youngblood

My point wasn't that I like Youngblood, but that I find it harmful to automatically talk down on a book without knowing anything about it, when it happens to be good. I find that harmful for us as fans, regardless of what the book is. 

Nonetheless, if you feel it came out of nowhere, I accept that, and wholeheartedly apologise. 

15 hours ago, kav said:

PURE DREK

On 6/19/2019 at 4:06 PM, kav said:

Ok so this article is TOPNOTCH,  "Many people reported that Ruiz had pawned comic books and visited other comic book stores in the area in the past."

That bit that people reported him because he had pawned comics and visited other stores IN THE PAST. Pretty sure errbody up in here is guilty then. :banana:

Now I hope the DNA evidence is irrefutable.  Because the news article is laughable at best.

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Ok so this article is TOPNOTCH,  "Many people reported that Ruiz had pawned comic books and visited other comic book stores in the area in the past."

That bit that people reported him because he had pawned comics and visited other stores IN THE PAST. Pretty sure errbody up in here is guilty then. :banana:

Now I hope the DNA evidence is irrefutable.  Because the news article is laughable at best.

It was reported that Ruiz was known to have comic books in his possession at multiple times in the past, also bags and boards!

Just now, kav said:

It was reported that Ruiz was known to have comic books in his possession at multiple times in the past, also bags and boards!

He probably dressed up as Spider-Man as a kid for Halloween too!

He was positioned to be an absolute legendary figure in comics history.  Instead, he went full ______