• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DISNEY+'s LADY SIF rumors (TBD)
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Rumor: Lady Sif Disney+ TV Series in Development

2019.05.14-06.08-boundingintocomics-5cdb

A rumor indicates that a Lady Sif television show could be in development for Disney’s upcoming streaming platform Disney+.

The rumor comes from MCU Cosmic, where they indicate the show will focus on around Sif’s banishment from Asgard and what the adventures she got into during that time. Some of those adventures involve dealing with Enchantress, but she won’t be dealing with the powerful magic user alone. The rumor indicates she will be joined by Beta Ray Bill, the Korbonite hero, whose visage graced the Grandmaster’s coliseum in Thor: Ragnarok.

If the rumor pans out to be true, it wouldn’t be the first time that Lady Sif made the jump from film to television.

Actress Jaimie Alexander appeared as Lady Sif in two episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. after her appearances in Thor and Thor: The Dark World. During her two appearances on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Sif was tasked by Loki masquerading as Odin to track down Lorelei, a powerful sorceress who had escaped Asgard when the Dark Elves attacked the city. She would eventually track down and capture Lorelei with the help of Phil Coulson and his team.

In a separate appearance, Sif is sent to track down a Kree named Vin-Tak who arrived on Earth. However, during her fight with the Kree, he uses a truncheon that causes her to lose her memory.  With the help of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sif tracks down Vin-Tak, who uses his truncheon to restore Sif’s memories. Vin-Tak reveals he’s on Earth to remove the Kree experiments known as Inhumans. A fight ensues when it is discovered that Skye is an Inhuman that has the power to cause massive tremors. After Skye ices herself, Sif promises to take Vin-Tak back to Hala.

She would subsequently be banished by Loki posing as Odin, which allowed her to survive the events of Thor: Ragnarok. However, Avengers: Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo would reveal to HuffPost Brazil that Lady Sif was “gone” following Thanos’ snap. She would subsequently be resurrected by the Hulk in Avengers: Endgame.

It’s unclear how much validity this rumor has. It’s possible they could spin-off a Lady Sif show through the confirmed Loki Disney+ series with Tom Hiddleston.

One thing that does seem apparent is that Marvel Studios is interested in bringing Beta Ray Bill into the picture. A recent rumor involving Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 also indicates that Beta Ray Bill will appear in the film. He’s definitely a popular character in the comics and could be a solid replacement to Thor if Chris Hemsworth and Marvel Studios decide to go in a different direction. In fact, Thor’s Stormbreaker is actually the name of Beta Ray Bill’s weapon in the comics.

One thing that could hamper a Lady Sif television is Jaimie Alexander’s NBC show, Blindspot. The show was recently renewed for a final fifth season. However, her schedule might open up following the show’s final season leaving room for this rumored Lady Sif show.

Earlier today, Reddit had its latest Marvel AMA featuring Victoria Alonso, the Executive Vice President of Production at Marvel Studios. Alonso has been involved with every film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She served as a co-producer on Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger, and executive produced every film after. During her AMA, she answered tons of fan questions, and hinted at the possible return of Lady Sif.

The character played by Jaimie Alexander appeared in the first two Thor films, and was last seen playing the role in a 2015 episode of Agents of SHIELD. According to Alonso, a return is always possible!

“Will we ever see Sif again in future (Phase4) Marvel movies?,” u/Iron-EagleEyes asked.

“Never say never. We love Sif the character as we do our actress, Jaimie Alexander,” Alonso replied.

The answer may not be a definite yes, but it’s better than a flat out no!

Thor 4 is poised to explain Sif's absence in Asgard's downfall. Alexander already teased more of Lady Sif in the upcoming sequel on social media, hinting that the character will have a significant role in the protagonists' battle against Gorr the God Butcher. 

Now, ahead of Love and Thunder's worldwide premiere, the returning Marvel actress has pitched a possible spin-off idea about her character. 

A Lady Sif Disney+ Spin-Off?
Jaimie Alexander, who portrays the MCU's Lady Sif in Thor: Love and Thunder, asked fans on Instagram for their story ideas, in case her character were to star in her own potential Disney+ series in the future. The Marvel veteran then teased the possible inclusion of Beta Ray Bill: 

"If Lady Sif had a series, what would YOU like to see? I’m loving some #BetaRayBill What do you think @walter.simonson.5 ??#skuttlebutt #surtur #korbinite #thor #sif"

Marvel Studios needs to fix this, as she was such a powerful character in the first Thor movie.

'Thor: Love and Thunder' brings back a fan favorite, but painfully underutilizes them in an overblown cameo

If you're wondering why we haven't seen Sif since 2013's "Thor: The Dark World" on the big screen, Alexander previously told Yahoo she sat out "Ragnarok" due to a scheduling conflict with her lead role on NBC's "Blindspot."

"I was asked, but the timing of when they were going to shoot and when 'Blindspot' was gonna shoot — it was pretty much the same time," Alexander told Yahoo in 2017 of "Ragnarok" filming on another continent.

"I was hoping for more of a notice from [the studio] so I could make it work, but it was a short notice thing," Alexander said, adding that she "was bummed" she couldn't be in "Ragnarok." "They called and said, 'Hey, by the way, would you come do this?' I said there is no way I can make that work that fast."

That was probably for the best as the rest of Thor's friends were quickly and brutally killed off one by one in the 2017 sequel.