• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY has my credit card associated with someone else's account!

6 posts in this topic

so i get a charge on last months credit card bill for $129.08 from feebay. i dont think i bought or sold anything on ebay for awhile so i go check my feebay history. nope. check my emails, nothing. file a dispute with the credit card company. 

takes a month, but today i get a 23 page letter from them with the info feebay provided them about the charge. neither the buyer nor seller have anything to do with me, nor is their paypal email address anything close to mine. the items bought were of course not mine either. WTF? 

on hold with the credit card gents now and i'm sure i'll have to waste more time on the horn with feebay. anyone else ever have anything remotely like this happen? seems absolutely ridiculous. 

Sounds like your card was compromised.  Surprised it worked unless they had your card routed through with the correct billing information.

I have had card compromised and used in 3 different states at the same time at different convenient stores to buy gift cards before but never to buy something from ebay.

yeah- one would think that feebay would need your credit card info to match your name and address, wouldnt one? 

i spent a ridik amount of time on hold with feebay yesterday and finally hung up. it should be much simpler. i could have flown to india and talked to them in person for the amount of time they kept asking me to hold. 

There have been considerable feeBay "address change hacks" over the years, where the perpetrator changed the receiving address on the feeBay accounts they accessed. Some people caught on after item(s) had already been rerouted. I remember one in particular where many people reported how their items were being rerouted to a NJ warehouse or commercial location. Perhaps this is a newer, secondary, or yet unexposed exploit hackers used, which was to capture the credit card info and corresponding address to be able to run their next scam?

Edited by comicwiz