• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about EGerger Half Back Boards

7 posts in this topic

I just purchased several packs of Acid Free E Gerber Half Back comic book boards and noticed that the boards have quite a rough texture on both sides, and each side is also matte.  There really is no glossy side at all which surprised me as I understood

that one side was supposed to be much smoother and more glossy, which would be the acid free coated side I guess.  This is not at all like BCW boards which do have a very smooth glossy side and a rougher matte side to them. 

I just want to make sure I got the right boards.  The info on the package is all correct though.  Anyone want to comment on this?

Post #4 shows that halfbacks have both sides being rough. This is from 12 years ago though.

If you lookup on ebay 300 E Gerber Half Back Premium, one of the sellers also mentions that both sides are matte.

Never thought about the matte before and it causing any damage to the comics. I am guessing no and it doesn't matter which side is used then if you use a Full back I recently picked some up and put my more valuable books in them until I can send them in to CGC. 

18 hours ago, Remnant8 said:

I just purchased several packs of Acid Free E Gerber Half Back comic book boards and noticed that the boards have quite a rough texture on both sides, and each side is also matte.  There really is no glossy side at all which surprised me as I understood

that one side was supposed to be much smoother and more glossy, which would be the acid free coated side I guess.  This is not at all like BCW boards which do have a very smooth glossy side and a rougher matte side to them. 

I just want to make sure I got the right boards.  The info on the package is all correct though.  Anyone want to comment on this?

With both sides matte, you can put two books in a bag, on either side of the board.

19 hours ago, Remnant8 said:

All E Gerber boards (halfback or fullback) are matte on both sides without the smooth/glossy texture that you find on most other backing boards. It sounds like you got the right thing.