• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Original Art pieces

20 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I just came from a con in Boston and bought a few pieces of Original Art.

Here they go!

First, I got a great page from Daredevil #103 by Heck! I love this page, showing mostly Spider-Man, then Daredevil and the Black Widow appear at the end.

Daredevil.jpg

I also got a piece from the latest GLA mini series. It has a beautiful drawing of Moon Knight!

GLA.jpg

Finally, I also got a piece from Spider-Girl by Ron Frenz featuring Spider-Girl and Venom in combat.

Spider-Girl.jpg

The other 2 pieces of OA I own are:

CaptainAmerica.jpg

UltimateSpider-Man.jpg

The artist for that page is Paul Pelletier. His most recent work was for Marvel, doing the GLA mini series and also she worked on She-Hulk. Real nice guy. He had to ask Dan Slott (the writer) if it was ok to sell the page, apparently Dan Slott loves Moon Knight, but Dan said it was fine! smile.gif

Thanks!

I'm looking for a nice Iron Man or Avengers page, hopefully worth less than $200, so if anyone has one, feel free to let me know!

With me getting into Original Art now, I wonder if I'll ever get to finish the Daredevil run I've been trying to finish for a while now... 5 issues left, but with what those issues are worth, I can find lots of art!

alberto1975. i would think with all the tpb.s coming out and all the reprints from both companies.

i think the actual comics won,t really rise in prices that much. so i think you got plenty of time to pick up your dd books. unless you into high grade stuff. the orignal art will not wait price wise. if you see a piece and its for sale. you should jump for it. you never know when that page may come up for sale.

my point. get the art. look for the dd books when you can. larry ;]

alberto1975. i would think with all the tpb.s coming out and all the reprints from both companies.

i think the actual comics won,t really rise in prices that much. so i think you got plenty of time to pick up your dd books. unless you into high grade stuff. the orignal art will not wait price wise. if you see a piece and its for sale. you should jump for it. you never know when that page may come up for sale.

my point. get the art. look for the dd books when you can. larry ;]

Yeah that was my thought exactly. With the money I spent today in my 3 main pieces of art, I definitely could have bought the 5 issues of DD I have left (I am not really into high grade, I usually buy my stuff in the F/VF range, unslabbed), but I just couldn't resist the art. Now I gotta save for WW Boston, since I'm sure there'll be much more original art to buy then!

If only I had more money to buy some of the awesome Kirby pages I saw today... But those are definitely out of my price range for now.

smile.gif

those are some nice pieces. I usually buy splash pages or pin-ups myself but those make me want to start collecting panel pages

I like panel pages because you actually get to see some action sequences. For example, that page from Captain America, it doesn't show him, but the action shown in there with the shield flying and hitting the bad guys... I think it's great!

Plus, there's tons of panel pages to be had! 23 from each issue tongue.gif

i like splash pages and panel pages. splash pages to me are the poor man.s cover with out the paste ups. plus in some books the splash page looked better than the cover look at the money your saving.

as for panel pages. i like the action from panel to panel or it a great way to get a nice page with a bunch of heros. if your into group books like jla or avengers or ff.

bottom line is what ever brings out the twinkle in your eye. cover. splash or panel. it.s all good. it the reason we got into this hobby in the first place. ;] larry

Hey Alberto,

I saw on the ComicArt-L list that you are trying to sell one of your Greg Land covers. Unfortunately, the secondary market for modern covers is really, really illiquid (I know, as I have a few Greg Land and Greg Horn covers). Seems like most of the transactions that occur away from the artist/artist's rep are either done for trade material or at cut-rate prices (except for the really well-known pieces and/or by really established artists like Jim Lee). If you can, I would recommend holding onto these for a while and hopefully a more robust secondary market for this kind of material will develop. If you're lucky, though, you might be able to find a buyer for that Spidey piece...I would think that's by far the more salable of the two that you have. Best of luck.

Gene

By the way, where did you get your Greg Horn covers? I've wanted to get one for a while, but I haven't found them for sale around... What price should I expect to pay?

I can't get one right now, but I'd love to get one at some point, I loved his Elektra and Emma Frost covers...

By the way, where did you get your Greg Horn covers? I've wanted to get one for a while, but I haven't found them for sale around... What price should I expect to pay?

I can't get one right now, but I'd love to get one at some point, I loved his Elektra and Emma Frost covers...

I bought that Elektra #3 on eBay and #22 from Greg directly. I also got a detailed Elektra pin-up from Greg via eBay but sold that one a while back (think it was for around $460; it was a smaller piece, at 11"x14").

I think most of Greg's covers go for around $2K (maybe a little more or less, depending on the piece). If you're looking for something in particular, I would contact Greg directly through his website (www.greghornjudge.com).

Hey all!

I got this in the mail today! My first ever DC page! smile.gif

It's from Green Lantern: Rebirth #6, it's the first page, the one before Hal punches Batman (you can see Batman's hand reaching up to Hal in the last panel).

EthanGLRebirth6.jpg