Harbinger #1 Coupon Value

7 posts in this topic

1,025 posts
Posted (edited)

1st off sorry if this has been talked about before....I have no doubt it has. :foryou:

But I was wondering if these have any real value. I don't really see or have seen them sold. 

And secondly, has anyone considered trying to de-slab a green 9.8 and reattach one? Or is that taboo talk and how dare I even bring it up? :ph34r:

Thanks ya'll, 

Andrew 

20190607_104535.jpg

Edited by TheMightyMidget

3,192 posts
1 hour ago, TheMightyMidget said:

1st off sorry if this has been talked about before....I have no doubt it has. :foryou:

But I was wondering if these have any real value. I don't really see or have seen them sold. 

And secondly, has anyone considered trying to de-slab a green 9.8 and reattach one? Or is that taboo talk and how dare I even bring it up? :ph34r:

Thanks ya'll, 

Andrew 

20190607_104535.jpg

I think you don't see them sold because the vast vast majority are either still in the books, or, if removed, were mailed in to redeem the zero issue. I imagine that it would sell if you put it up for auction, but for how much, I couldn't say.

10,283 posts

Historically, there hasn't been any specific value put on the single coupons themselves, since it would probably be easy to make counterfeits with a standard copier and similar paper.  I suppose that if a copy of Harbinger #1 had no evidence of the original coupon being cut out or removed, then you could "slide" a replacement coupon into the book because it is known that some books had coupons that didn't get hit by the staples.  Some copies of Harbinger #1 had three staples, and I can't imagine any reason for a third staple other than the coupon.  

This is probably similar to the "Tattooz" from Amazing Spider-Man #238, which were available in other (very cheap) Marvel books that month and there has been a few decades of "Tattooz" shenanigans.

40,170 posts

If you can imagine it . . . it's already been done. :bigsmile:

10,720 posts

Tattooz shenanigans

Great lounge band name. :banana:

40,170 posts

fiddy