• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which is more prefered at a dealer booth. Organization or chaos?
1 1

38 posts in this topic

So I might start setting up at a couple local cons and looking for best way to display my wares.

Do you like everything in order (Marvel/DC/Indy) alphabetically? Or do you prefer chaos with everything in any box?

I have all the cheap boxes seperated from what i will price individually. 

My problem is. I dont know what most buyers prefer. As a buyer myself i like chaos because i feel like i have potential to find something other people were to lazy to find.  But this option limits me from helping potential customers looking for a particular title or character.  Any answers are helpful. No wrong ones lol.

28 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I hate loose buyers. Always propositioning me... :sick:

Well, don't let them drag you down to their level; into their chewy chunks of degradation, and continue upon the path that rises above their scandalous proposals. :angel: 

Unless they make you an offer that you can't refuse. :devil:

1 hour ago, wolverine180 said:

So I might start setting up at a couple local cons and looking for best way to display my wares.

Do you like everything in order (Marvel/DC/Indy) alphabetically? Or do you prefer chaos with everything in any box?

I have all the cheap boxes seperated from what i will price individually. 

My problem is. I dont know what most buyers prefer. As a buyer myself i like chaos because i feel like i have potential to find something other people were to lazy to find.  But this option limits me from helping potential customers looking for a particular title or character.  Any answers are helpful. No wrong ones lol.

Agree with organization.  Always better.

56 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

you lose more buyers with a disorganized booth than you gain.

Yeah, this would turn me off. Shoddy display suggests shoddiness overall, in pricing, grading, storage. When things are organized, I trust it more, and I quickly determine which boxes or parts of the display are for me, and which aren't.

I’m known for my disorganization just ask @RCheli

it all depends on what you are selling and how you are selling 

I have books priced $1 and up separate by prices than by titles/companies etc 

im sure some people are turned off but others like to see what’s in the box for that price

im confident that people end up buying something they weren’t looking for as a result

while I may lose buyers looking for runs etc I find that’s my customer base isn’t looking to fill runs - that’s not my target group as that’s not my stock

my 50 boxes are chaos and they do great but that’s probably more due to my price point than anything else 

Edited by jsilverjanet

Disorganization is only good when the seller doesn't know what he has in his disorganized boxes. This allows for deals to be found. Obviously for the seller this isn't a plus, and allows the buyer to get a great deal while giving the seller the short end of the stick. As a seller it would make no sense to have a disorganized booth especially if you don't know your own stock. You won't sell very much, and what you do sell, will usually be a great deal for the buyer and a poor one for you.

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

If something is chaotic, I flee. In relationships, at work, in public, at comic book conventions. In life

Sometimes there is nothing more fun than a chaotic girl.   Just saying. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, when shopping for comics I wanna see organization. 

Edited by Buzzetta
Forgot the focus of the thread...