• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF Annual 6
1 1

6 posts in this topic

What throws me off on a book like this are the two small abrasions at the lower staple and the half dozen or so similar abrasions along the bottom edge,which I believe are from the printing / manufacturing process.  It seems that sometimes these are ignored by graders, and sometimes counted against the book.  I could imagine giving this book a 7.5 or even 8.0 if you look past those.

45 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

What throws me off on a book like this are the two small abrasions at the lower staple and the half dozen or so similar abrasions along the bottom edge,which I believe are from the printing / manufacturing process.  It seems that sometimes these are ignored by graders, and sometimes counted against the book.  I could imagine giving this book a 7.5 or even 8.0 if you look past those.

Some (but I think not all) of the ones along the bottom are manufacturing because they are on almost every ff annual 6, but I’ve never seen the ones along the spine before... If someone has some insight it would help because I’m dinging the book pretty hard for those (the spine abrasions)... 

Edited by Callaway29

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Some (but I think not all) of the ones along the bottom are manufacturing because they are on almost every ff annual 6, but I’ve never seen the ones along the spine before... If someone has some insight it would help because I’m dinging the book pretty hard for those (the spine abrasions)... 

OK, here are a couple of data points for you.  First, my 9.4 which clearly has the manufacturing abrasions:

248772654_FantasticFourAnnual6CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.1cc077855d486c44ac11121bde596049.jpg

And here's my Silver Surfer #5, which got a 9.4 despite some abrasion at the upper staple:

1109527362_SilverSurfer5CGC9.4.jpg.447ae4d24e3e9290daf7933785b1b411.jpg

It feels a bit subjective, and I think you're going to be at the mercy of whoever grades the book.  But given your book's other (minor) defects, I'm feeling even more hopeful that you'd be more in the 7.5-8.0 range than 6.5-7.0.