• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You are a wild man Mr. Bedrock

Someone has to be.

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Heritage Tec 31

now (with tape)

21936627%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

before (sans tape)

det1.15795a.jpg

So tape still bumps the number in the corner in a way to make it advantageous to add tape. Really glad to see CGC resolved this issue. 
i still maintain tape should be called restoration. Archival tape is professional. Non archival is amateur. 

Edited by batman_fan

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

So tape still bumps the number in the corner in a way to make it advantageous to add tape. Really glad to see CGC resolved this issue. 

Grade Date: 12/16/2019

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Maybe the addition of tape didn't have anything to do with the grade bump.

Yep, book was obviously cleaned and the color chips at the top left of the cover above "No." seem to have moved. :eyeroll:

Edited by drbanner

5 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

So why bother adding tape then if cleaning would bump up the grade?  I see major improvement on the spine area too especially at the bottom staple area and less white with the new grade.  

I would assume the person who added the tape has a father-in-law with a tape factory

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

i still maintain tape should be called restoration. Archival tape is professional. Non archival is amateur. 

Not sure about now, but it used to be that the safe archival tape resulted in a PLOD because it was done with obvious intent. (:

The damaging inflicting non-archival tape was considered to be Universal because nobody would intentionally try to upgrade a book using this kind of "bad" tape.  :devil:

5 hours ago, drbanner said:

Yep, book was obviously cleaned and the color chips at the top left of the cover above "No." seem to have moved. :eyeroll:

It looks to me like they rolled the front cover to the left so that many of the front cover defects around the spine were moved to the back cover.  I recall there being a big uproar over this technique on the boards a while back.  Although some of the defects near the spine have been hidden, it looks like new chips and other defects occurred to the right edge during the process.

Edited by RareHighGrade

11 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

It looks to me like they rolled the front cover to the left so that many of the front cover defects around the spine were moved to the back cover.  I recall there being a big uproar over this technique on the boards a while back.  Although some of the defects near the spine have been hidden, it looks like new chips and other defects occurred to the right edge during the process.

Man I love this hobby! 

On 1/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, RareHighGrade said:

WOW..amazing what can be done

16 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:
On 1/23/2020 at 2:18 AM, RareHighGrade said:

WOW..amazing what can be done

'amazing' is the last adjective I'd use >:(

Edited by Gotham Kid