• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,856 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I personally don't think the bump in grade for this particular book when it is still the highest graded copy either way will have any impact at all on the final price.  hm

My bet is that he will most likely lose big time money on this book since he grossly over paid in the first place on a relatively soft demand book, then threw unnecessary money to upgrade it, and finally brought it back to market way too soon.   :tonofbricks:

I certainly hope the consignor does alright in the end, but I guess they will not have to wait too long to find out.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

You’re probably right. I think the initial movie announcement may have propped up that first sale as a 9.4. That news has died down quite a bit though.

31 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

You’re probably right. I think the initial movie announcement may have propped up that first sale as a 9.4. That news has died down quite a bit though.

All I can say is that any short term speculator that pays a hefty premium due to movie hype on a GA book featuring a Tier 3 character that the general public has never heard of doesn't really understand how the GA comic book market works and is just asking for a big beatdown.  hm  :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

All I can say is that any short term speculator that pays a hefty premium due to movie hype on a GA book featuring a Tier 3 character that the general public has never heard of doesn't really understand how the GA comic book market works and is just asking for a big beatdown.  hm  :tonofbricks:

Yeah I usually go after Tier 6 characters who got small cameos in low budget horror films. Hasn’t worked out for me yet unfortunately.

Edited by LDarkseid1

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

My bet is that he will most likely lose big time money on this book since he grossly over paid in the first place on a relatively soft demand book, then threw unnecessary money to upgrade it, and finally brought it back to market way too soon.   

All of the various MH Blackhawk books have been recycled on Heritage so many times.  

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I personally don't think the bump in grade for this particular book when it is still the highest graded copy either way will have any impact at all on the final price.  hm

My bet is that he will most likely lose big time money on this book since he grossly over paid in the first place on a relatively soft demand book, then threw unnecessary money to upgrade it, and finally brought it back to market way too soon.   :tonofbricks:

I certainly hope the consignor does alright in the end, but I guess they will not have to wait too long to find out.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

9.6 bump It cannot hurt..its a great book...But 50K.....maybe

Edited by Mmehdy

8 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

currently at $42,000.00 with BP....getting close

True, but still a long way to go for the seller not to lose a chunk of mula. Will definitely be interesting to see where it ends though.

56 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

currently at $42,000.00 with BP....getting close

Now, that's a huge step up from the $10K pre-juice that it was sitting at last night.  :whatthe:  :applause:

Glad we highlighted this book to you then and the consignor will be super glad that you stepped up to the plate on his book here.  :baiting:

2 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Wow, Batman 1 CGC 4.0 finishes at $117K after BP added!! AS8 CGC 5.5 finishes just under $50K after BP. Some deals!!

Yep, lackluster performances for both books.  Bat 1 didn't have good color on it, probably why it sold for cheap.  AS #8, well as I've said before was due for a price correction and wasn't surprised by the sale price.  So many copies out there to choose from.

13 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yep, lackluster performances for both books.  Bat 1 didn't have good color on it, probably why it sold for cheap.  AS #8, well as I've said before was due for a price correction and wasn't surprised by the sale price.  So many copies out there to choose from.

Cmon, the Bat #1 took a bath and there's no amount of excuses you can make around it.  Sure if your argument on a soft FF #1 7.0 at 26K is that it had an awful Stan Lee sig on top sure but this was a nice 4.0 with ow/w pages.  You would've had 10 buyers lined up at that price throwing that money at you a year ago.

Edited by dem1138

30 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

A27E0BEA-38C4-4140-87B2-AA628FBCA35E.jpeg

I thought you might be there...I followed the camera feed online until I bowed out of the Billy Wright Tec 44.  Even that was slightly softer than expected.

PS were you the guy in the back waving his hands during the Bat 1? :)

Now, that's a huge step up from the $10K pre-juice that it was sitting at last night.  :whatthe:  :applause:

Glad we highlighted this book to you then and the consignor will be super glad that you stepped up to the plate on his book here.  :baiting:

Ohhh man, that seller took a bath! Finished at $45K, but after BP. Their take home was $38K, and that's before seller fee. Ouch, and you were right, the grade bump meant nothing!!!

Just now, Bat34 said:

I thought you might be there...I followed the camera feed online until I bowed out of the Billy Wright Tec 44.  Even that was slightly softer than expected.

PS were you the guy in the back waving his hands during the Bat 1? :)

I sure felt like waving my hands!

3 minutes ago, dem1138 said:
11 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Cmon, the Bat #1 took a bath and there's no amount of excuses you can make around it.  Sure if you're argument on a soft FF #1 7.0 at 26K is that it had an awful Stan Lee sig on top sure but this was a nice 4.0 with ow/w pages.  You would've had 10 buyers lined up at that price throwing that money at you a year ago.

Yea, the Bat 1 did take a bath.  Didn't think it at all that it sold for a good price.  But if I was a buyer for a copy, I wouldn't have gone much higher at all due to like I said the colors on the book.  Give me this copy all day:

Bat 1

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Ohhh man, that seller took a bath! Finished at $45K, but after BP. Their take home was $38K, and that's before seller fee. Ouch, and you were right, the grade bump meant nothing!!!

What book are you guys talking about?