• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

Has anyone heard how Heritage has been holding up during the winter storm?

They were supposed to have a Market Review for Americana on Tuesday, but they canceled it because of the weather.

2 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Well I said I was going to a by golly I did it. My own very Alfred Pennyworth. Origin issue, cool cover, and a pedigree. Good for me. However, wouldn't you know it now that I have it I really don't want it. It doesn't fit into my graded collection which stops at 1975. I think I'll be selling it. 

1941.jpg

I must've missed that in the auction. If you put it up for auction I'll likely bid on it, even though I doubt I can afford it.

We all thought the January Heritage DD1 9.6 sale @ 102K was a big deal.

How about the current one at 132K

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/daredevil-1-marvel-1964-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7242-91031.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

The world has gone mad.

Edited by Gotham Kid

57 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

We all thought the January Heritage DD1 9.6 sale @ 102K was a big deal.

How about the current one at 132K

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/daredevil-1-marvel-1964-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7242-91031.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

The world has gone mad.

Mad with desire.......for comics. Sure its a beauty no doubt but with 29 9.6's out there (including the one SS) it shouldn't be that high but what do I know anymore. Waiting for one of the two 9.8's to come around.

41 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I'm resigned to never winning another comic again.

I am slowly coming around to to accepting this myself. Especially with 'choice' material. 

Better off waiting to stumble on a 'realistically' priced Buy it now on eBay, or non auction dealer stock 

9 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Mad with desire.......for comics. Sure its a beauty no doubt but with 29 9.6's out there (including the one SS) it shouldn't be that high but what do I know anymore. Waiting for one of the two 9.8's to come around.

In a normal comic book selling world that number of copies in grade might make sense as far as being in high supply. For all intents and purposes though it would appear new buyers, maybe a good amount have entered the market. I've heard a theory that the sports card world has entered comics, and our census numbers are nothing compared to theirs with sports cards. So where we normally see high numbers like 29 9.6's, they see extreme rarity. With people that have hundreds of thousands/millions to spend, stuff like this DD1 happens. Anyway, just one theory to this seemingly overnight madness hm.

22 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

In a normal comic book selling world that number of copies in grade might make sense as far as being in high supply. For all intents and purposes though it would appear new buyers, maybe a good amount have entered the market. I've heard a theory that the sports card world has entered comics, and our census numbers are nothing compared to theirs with sports cards. So where we normally see high numbers like 29 9.6's, they see extreme rarity. With people that have hundreds of thousands/millions to spend, stuff like this DD1 happens. Anyway, just one theory to this seemingly overnight madness hm.

Not only that, but 26 copies in existence doesn't mean 26 copies available.  Supply & demand.