• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Ummmm...........................I would have to say that it's really more like $18,000 cannot be compared to $2,629.  :gossip:

Especially, if the EXACT SAME COPY of the CGC 9.4 highest graded book is on another planet when it is sitting in a 9.6 holder, then I would have to say that $18,000 is in a completely different universe than a mere $2,629 brother!!!  hm  

:takeit: , the money, that is.  lol

That new CGC Label....its like "jackpot"...might have something to do with....I think the book is was undervalued as the result showed..Cong to the board member who added to his colleciton. 

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:
13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

:whatthe:

will the buyer ever be able to recoup that purchase?  

I would have to say the buyer of this JLA 21 has a much better chance of recouping their money as opposed to the buyer of this book here: hm

RADB7BFF2018920_17118.jpg

Pretty much in the same ballpark at about a grand cheaper at only $31,111  :screwy:, with one copy already graded higher plus another 6 copies in equivalent grade at the time this (must buy at any price lol) copy sold.  hm  :tonofbricks:

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

I would have to say the buyer of this JLA 21 has a much better chance of recouping their money as opposed to the buyer of this book here: hm

Pretty much in the same ballpark at about a grand cheaper at only $31,111  :screwy:, with one copy already graded higher plus another 6 copies in equivalent grade at the time this (must buy at any price lol) copy sold.  hm  :tonofbricks:

WTF :whatthe:

We live in a world gone mad, what's next :ohnoez:

26 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

WTF :whatthe:

We live in a world gone mad, what's next :ohnoez:

Well, since you was such a gentleman and asked so kindly, how about an equivalent graded copy of this book here then:

s-l1600.jpg

Not this specific copy here since there were about 30 equivalent graded copies to choose from, but sold (at another one of these must buy at any cost price :screwy:) for only $4,150 last Fall when CGC 9.6 graded copies could be had for under $100.  lol  :tonofbricks:

Just now, lou_fine said:

Well, since you was such a gentleman and asked so kindly, how about an equivalent graded copy of this book here then:

s-l1600.jpg

Not this specific copy here since there were about 30 equivalent graded copies to choose from, but sold (at another one of these must buy at any cost price :screwy:) for only $4,150 last Fall when CGC 9.6 graded copies could be had for under $100.  lol  :tonofbricks:

Hold on a second, going to slip on a couple of pairs of depends.  Be right back.

3 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

$8,963,792 total so far...I think it is a very strong showing.

I'm sure if these same books sold back in 2017 or early 2018, the total would've been higher :baiting:.  Sure, there were quite a few big books in this auction, but it doesn't mean everything sold for a "great" price.

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

maxresdefault.jpg

11 hours ago, Crowzilla said:
12 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Great book and condition....worth it

I wonder why it was only worth about guide the other 4x they sold it.

They didn't have Mitch's wise advice guiding them the previous 4 times.

Meanwhile all the owners of the various Blackhawk and Plastic Man titles are wondering why this didn't happen to them.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Whoever bought that copy for $31K isn’t going to be happy with this recent sale.

64E9FAE6-3C9A-43FD-A642-0B2A971AFC83.jpeg

On 3/5/2020 at 9:36 PM, comicnoir said:

Yes, I thought for sure that I was going to win this book here with my multiple to guide stratospheric bid of $950:  :bigsmile:  :takeit:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Romance, Teen-Age Romances #14 (St. John, 1951) CGC VF- 7.5 Off-white to white pages....

But alas, it was not to be as some other bidder must have come in at the last minute and just nudged me out by a shade with a bid of $7,800 on the book.  :frustrated:  :mad:

On 3/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, lou_fine said:
On 3/5/2020 at 11:20 AM, Dark Knight said:

So far I haven't really seen a "strong sale"

Haven't had time yet to do any historical price comparisons, but I woild have to say that the GGA related cover books still seems to be holding up there in price.  (thumbsu

Here's another example of what I thought was another strong price for a GGA related book:  hm

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/humor/comedy-comics-1-mile-high-pedigree-marvel-1948-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7224-92028.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-JumpLot-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Comedy Comics #1 Mile High Pedigree (Marvel, 1948) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

Sure, it's a Church copy and the single highest graded copy and all that, but I thought $9,600 was definitely still a pretty strong price for the book.  (thumbsu

As per recent trends from the past couple of years, it clearly looks like the Frazetta Famous Funnies issues are really starting to differentiate in prices:  hm

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/science-fiction/famous-funnies-214-eastern-color-1954-cgc-nm-92-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7224-92040.s?ic16=ViewItem-Inventory-BuyNowFromOwner-JumpLot-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Science Fiction, Famous Funnies #214 (Eastern Color, 1954) CGC NM- 9.2 Cream to off-white pages....

As clearly evident by the fact that this absolutely gorgeous and eye-popping red moon cover :luhv: went for $7,800 while the 9.2 Famous Funnies 210 went for only $2,640 and the 9.0 Famous Funnies 215 sold for $5,520.  It would also appear that these prices had a lot to do with availablity in grade as both othe FF 214 and FF 215 shared in being the current highest graded copies while the FF 210 had an additional 14 copies in higher grade.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

44 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Here's another example of what I thought was another strong price for a GGA related book:  hm

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/humor/comedy-comics-1-mile-high-pedigree-marvel-1948-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7224-92028.s?ic16=ViewItem-Auction-Archive-JumpLot-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Comedy Comics #1 Mile High Pedigree (Marvel, 1948) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

Sure, it's a Church copy and the single highest graded copy and all that, but I thought $9,600 was definitely still a pretty strong price for the book.  (thumbsu

:shy:

35 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

As per recent trends from the past couple of years, it clearly looks like the Frazetta Famous Funnies issues are really starting to differentiate in prices:  hm

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/science-fiction/famous-funnies-214-eastern-color-1954-cgc-nm-92-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7224-92040.s?ic16=ViewItem-Inventory-BuyNowFromOwner-JumpLot-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Science Fiction, Famous Funnies #214 (Eastern Color, 1954) CGC NM- 9.2 Cream to off-white pages....

As clearly evident by the fact that this absolutely gorgeous and eye-popping red moon cover :luhv: went for $7,800 while the 9.2 Famous Funnies 210 went for only $2,640 and the 9.0 Famous Funnies 215 sold for $5,520.  It would also appear that these prices had a lot to do with availablity in grade as both othe FF 210 and FF 215 shared in being the current highest graded copies while the FF 210 had an additional 14 copies in higher grade.  (thumbsu

I was the underbidder on both the 214 and the 215.  You just never see them in high grade.  Seems like the 210s are always around, and my level of interest was correspondingly less.

BEST OF THE REST:

1- Atomic Thunderbolt #1...8.5...what a cool comic and cover...

2 TIE-G.I. Battle annual #1 9.0...this is why we created the word "RARE"...never seen it before...super book and condition

3-TIE-Fighting Man Annual  l#1 8.0  RARE...wow..once in a lifetime on both books and  in top condition.

4-Tales of Terror Annual #3 9.0...and a solid 9.0 but what is even better its sitting at 50% of Guide at $1450...good page quality too....Solid spine

At 9.8 M should crack 10M easy

Edited by Mmehdy

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I was the underbidder on both the 214 and the 215.  You just never see them in high grade.  Seems like the 210s are always around, and my level of interest was correspondingly less.

+1

Too bad you missed out on these 2 books, but it looks like you are pretty well bang on with your sentiment here as it definitely lines up with what's currently showing up in the CGC Census Population Report.  (thumbsu

In terms of the Frazetta Famous Funnies run, it looks like the current census count for CGC 9.2 grades and above are as follows:  FF 209 with 16 copies; FF 210 with 25 copies; FF 211 with 13 copies; FF 212 with zero copies and the highest graded being 2 copies in CGC 9.0 grade; FF 213 also with zero copies and the highest graded being 1 copy in CGC 9.0 grade; FF 214 with 3 copies; FF 215 with zero copies and the highest graded being 2 copies in CGC 9.0 grade, and then FF 216 with 5 copies in CGC 9.2 or higher.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

This kind of lines up with what I remember seeing in the Diamond vault as I believe they had the Overstreet copies in cherry condition for the first few issues, but pretty much none of the later issues.  My clear 2 favorites are the Famous Funnies 213 and 214 covers, so it will interesting to see where the CGC 7.5 graded copy of FF 213 finishes up at later this afternoon since it's already sitting at $3,720 with the BP juice right now.  hm  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

For the first time ever I watched the live streaming of the Thursday session It was fun seeing several of the books  increase 5 fold in the 2 minutes it took.

I sold the biggest lot in that session  Was both happy  and disappointed for the Highest graded Special Edition #1 to reach auction in well over a decade  to only jump from 3100 to 3700.  To me that is a big book.  Could not even imagine paying/owning a 50K book