• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
6 6

492 posts in this topic

Does anyone here keep track of CL's auctions as I was trying to figure out what their so-called Focus Auction is as compared to their Feature Auction?

Am I correct in assuming that their Focus Auction is for their lesser and lower quality books while their Feature Auction is for their bigger and more expensive books?  hm

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Am I correct in assuming that their Focus Auction is for their lesser and lower quality books while their Feature Auction is for their bigger and more expensive books?  hm

yes

9 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

yes

Just wondering since I caught the tail portion of that auction and noticed that the majority of the books tendedto be towards the lower end of the condition scale.

Nevertheless, still seems like some pretty strong prices there with the Suzie 51, Young Men 24, and the relatively low grade run of Wonder Comics.  :whatthe:

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Summer Featured Auction still looks quite weak but still 3 weeks before start ...

They really need to step it up pretty quick.  The All American 16 is by far the best thing posted so far.

41 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Summer Featured Auction still looks quite weak but still 3 weeks before start ...

They really need to step it up pretty quick.  The All American 16 is by far the best thing posted so far.

Definitely an understatement here as it looks like they have only about 3 weeks to go before the auction kicks off and their lot count is less than 1/4 of the one for CC's upcoming Event Auction in August/September.  :taptaptap:

Of course, I would have to admit that CL would not be my go to site for consigning GA books which seems to be the hottest part of the market right now.  Now, if it was non-uber HG early SA Marvels, or any of the latest hot and heavy BA and CA keys, now those consignments would indeed be heading CL's way.  hm  (thumbsu

On 6/25/2019 at 2:31 AM, N e r V said:

After listening to some posters on Cap #74 prices I looked up some recent

numbers on GPA.

CGC 3.0 C/OW $5400.00 6/23/2019

CGC 3.5 OW $9500.00 6/2/2019

CGC 4.5 OW/W $12,000.00 2/18/2019

3FE7210E-2716-41EF-A060-3CD3A9298A4A.thumb.jpeg.d535690f6aef06bf1a3f8c197afb0cfe.jpeg

8401E620-AA0F-4FFE-ACE0-1AB43F8F03D9.thumb.jpeg.dd5b902ecc3f88dbe84dadc53061c8ac.jpeg

7FADF5A2-0E8E-4B64-A9B5-93E344BA804C.jpeg.6c116275087b71ff96abeba872acaa9c.jpeg

Since the 3.0 and 3.5 are so recent (this month) its a pretty big gap between the two prices for half a grade and only slightly better PQ. So either the 3.0 was a deal or the 3.5 was over priced for someone. The 5.0 should be at least 13k to 15 or 16?

I've owned a couple over the years and sold them for way, way, way, way less than those prices. But then that's true of practically everyone who has sold any GA semi-key more recently than last Tuesday. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:27 PM, batman_fan said:
On 6/24/2019 at 8:54 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Wouldn't say that as you don't see AA 16 all that often but this is a good time for whomever is looking for a copy. Additionally there is one for all budgets.

My question is do they find "forever homes" or just end up in foster care hm

I wonder if we've gotten to the point where the winners of some of these books ask the auction house, "Would you just hold on to that one for me for a month or so? I'll relist it then." Saves on postage! :)

57 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely an understatement here as it looks like they have only about 3 weeks to go before the auction kicks off and their lot count is less than 1/4 of the one for CC's upcoming Event Auction in August/September.  :taptaptap:

Of course, I would have to admit that CL would not be my go to site for consigning GA books which seems to be the hottest part of the market right now.  Now, if it was non-uber HG early SA Marvels, or any of the latest hot and heavy BA and CA keys, now those consignments would indeed be heading CL's way.  hm  (thumbsu

There is a very easy way to have GA crater in price. Have me decide to sell my Batman dups. I suspect prices would be cut by 30% to 40% easily 

On 7/21/2019 at 12:03 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 7/21/2019 at 9:48 AM, batman_fan said:

concur

Well, it would appear that they are slowly getting up there as it now has a total of 23 pages posted.  :taptaptap:

Not sure if there's anything bigger than the AA 16 since I don't want to waste my time going through the pages when it's still not done yet.

Looks like it's going to start late in mid-August.  Just hope that it doesn't end on the same days as the CC Event Auction which they have done before and certainly didn't help the consignors or the bidders.  doh!

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it would appear that they are slowly getting up there as it now has a total of 23 pages posted.  :taptaptap:

Not sure if there's anything bigger than the AA 16 since I don't want to waste my time going through the pages when it's still not done yet.

Looks like it's going to start late in mid-August.  Just hope that it doesn't end on the same days as the CC Event Auction which they have done before and certainly didn't help the consignors or the bidders.  doh!

Still the best book but an Action 5 I believe was also list otherwise pretty mediocre 

17 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Should be OK.  The CC Event Auction starts September 9th and will probably run until Thanksgiving. :insane:

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Still the best book but an Action 5 I believe was also list otherwise pretty mediocre 

Verily. Quite a poor selection this round. It's great if you are into SA ASM with the FEDERAL HILL COLLECTION though.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 hours ago, walclark said:
8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Should be OK.  The CC Event Auction starts September 9th and will probably run until Thanksgiving. :insane:

Just took a quick look and it appears the CC Event Auction is open for bidding starting on August 19th with the lots hitting the 3-minute buzzer on September 9th.  :gossip:

Maybe they are listening to everybody's complaints here as that appears to be 1 week shorter than normal for them.  :whatthe: