• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is frank miller a better artist or writer ?

24 posts in this topic

Yeah, and Chagall used to have his assistants do most of the work but those assistants couldn't have done squat without Chagalls' designs and vision. Same with Rubenstein -- he inked from somewhere - and it certainly wasn't from his original plotting/drawing. You can give him credit for making Miller's pencils look better than they have before, but you still have to give Miller the majority of credit for the conception. Lynn Varley and Klaus Jansen made DKR look phenomenal as well - but both would be much less recognized if not for having worked on what Miller originated with his pencils(regardless of the extensiveness of those pencils)...

Logically, the only real credit you can give Rubenstein is that he brought out the best in Miller - because - before or since then - what else of any noteriety does he get any lasting credit for? I mean, sure, Jim Shooter was a great editor too, but what has he been known for before or since his time at Marvel? Without Marvel(ie Rubenstein without Miller) is not even a name worth mentioning...

I like frank miller but I think he kind of has a hit or miss on certian projects,I think he does the best that he can and hopes for the best.I like his writing as well as his art but Miller puts out better writing when he tries to get into the charcters' mind (DD,Batman) He's done some stuff that was just a good quick read (all star batman,some spawn stuff) But those weren't up to par like some of his other stuff and they are looked down upon.