• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Art Mystery -- who did what?

5 posts in this topic

Was going to post the prelim and final to ASM 96 in another thread when I realized there are two different prelims for the cover, apparently done by two different people,  One of them Gil Kane, who penciled the final cover which was then inked by Romita (supposedly, though it looks like someone else?).  But who did the other prelim, and which prelim came first?

ASM 96 prelim stat.jpg

ASM 96 prelim Kane.jpg

ASM 96 cvr.jpg

Edited by bluechip

1st prelim looks like John Romita to me. The pose of the pointing police officer and the face of the police officer cradling the victim look like Romita. The handwriting on the yellow strip of paper also looks like his writing if you compare the J's and the R's to his signature.

58 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

1st prelim looks like John Romita to me. The pose of the pointing police officer and the face of the police officer cradling the victim look like Romita.

+ 1.