• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the one collectible you own that you love more than your most prized GA book ?
4 4

54 posts in this topic

My most prized collectible would be one of my golden age comics.

I love some of my other, non-comic, items, but nothing rivals my top books.

Some things are irreplaceable. I have some souvenirs given to me by Neil Peart, for example, and I have many Rush-related things that are more important to me now that they're done.

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

My father was an American soldier captured in WWII Battle of the Bulge. When he was eventually freed by allied forces, the POWs were allowed to pick one item out of a nearby nazi warehouse (similarly overrun by these same allied forces), and bring that item back to the states. I understand that there is a collectible market for nazi items - and thus the tie in to this thread

My father chose this officers dagger

p.s. This is why I’m a Timely war cover nut

345F9513-F326-4F50-A451-3E8221CE7DFE.jpeg

8BFBDF3F-5BDC-4F61-A71B-A9D758CC616B.jpeg

Wow. Really cool item. Youre lucky to have it.

10 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

This one's easy ...and tough.  If I had to limit it to one, it's this original gouache painting by Alex Schomburg

79f6732a-d96c-422b-95f7-7ae8f8bbee85_zps

Recreating the cover of Marvel Mystery Comics #66 (Image attribution: Heritage Auctions @HA.com)

That said, my second & third non-comic book collectibles are George Rozen paintings for The Shadow pulp (Jun 1st & 15th, '42), so it's a tough call.

AMAZING..cong