• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vertigo

26 posts in this topic

I was deep into Swamp Thing at the time they announced transitioning over to the Vertigo format. The stories got so much better and was a great move for titles like ST, Sandman and Hellblazer. A few mini series under the Vertigo name were good reads too, my favorite was the 3 issue We3 series about the cybernetic animals...

I don’t know we3, will check it out. I agree, swamp thing was pretty great straight through for the most part, I liked the third volume too with tefe. The anthologies like flinch and weird war were really fun as well.

Edited by shiverbones

18 hours ago, shiverbones said:

I don’t know we3, will check it out. I agree, swamp thing was pretty great straight through for the most part, I liked the third volume too with tefe. The anthologies like flinch and weird war were really fun as well.

Pretty good read. It pulls on the heartstrings of pet owners a bit so if you’re an animal lover, it hits home a bit more. Scan from GCD looks to be a trade cover.

86A1A3B4-3C47-468E-979B-E7D8C91C351A.jpeg

On 7/26/2019 at 12:34 PM, shiverbones said:

Amazing! I love both Morrison and quitely , but never heard of it. Thanks!

You’ll dig it.  It’s interesting.  A good pairing of talent (although not as good as their sublime AS Superman).

Looking through a Wiki list to remind me about the series I thought were among the best ones ...

100 Bullets

American Vampire

DMZ

Fables

Flex Mentallo

Global Frequency

Hellblazer

The Invisibles

Pride of Baghdad

Punk Rock Jesus

Sandman

Sandman Mystery Theatre