• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Second Time Ever Published!
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Generally, I do not collect reprint titles like Marvel Tales or Marvel's Greatest Superheros, etc.

I like to try to track down the original published version of a story in its original title, if possible. Granted, that is not always financially possibly so I have made some exceptions. I also like it when comics are reprinted in a unique or different format (like treasury sized comics, pocket books or even those record combo packs which I believe reprinted certain issues).

I am interested in seeing some of your favourite reprints of classic stories or first issues. I am also interesting in spreading and sharing knowledge on locating some of these "earliest reprinted stories".

For example, what is the first reprinted version of Action Comics #1? Detective Comics #27? Amazing Fantasy 15? Hulk #1? These are a few on my personal radar to track down an early reprinted (and full) story copy.

9 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Generally, I do not collect reprint titles like Marvel Tales or Marvel's Greatest Superheros, etc.

I like to try to track down the original published version of a story in its original title, if possible. Granted, that is not always financially possibly so I have made some exceptions. I also like it when comics are reprinted in a unique or different format (like treasury sized comics, pocket books or even those record combo packs which I believe reprinted certain issues).

I am interested in seeing some of your favourite reprints of classic stories or first issues. I am also interesting in spreading and sharing knowledge on locating some of these "earliest reprinted stories".

For example, what is the first reprinted version of Action Comics #1? Detective Comics #27? Amazing Fantasy 15? Hulk #1? These are a few on my personal radar to track down an early reprinted (and full) story copy.

Action Comics #1: 1974 Famous Firsts Edition

Detective Comics #27: 1974 Famous Firsts Edition

16 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Amazing Fantasy #15: 1992 Marvel Milestone Edition

Incredible Hulk #1: 1991 Marvel Milestone Edition (3 Prints)

22 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I think the first reprint of AF15 is in Marvel Tales Volume 2 Issue 1.  However it only reprints the Spider-man story and not the other backups featured in Amazing Fantasy.  I do not think that AF15 is reprinted again until Marvel Tales Volume 2 Issue 137. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think the first reprint of AF15 is in Marvel Tales Volume 2 Issue 1.  However it only reprints the Spider-man story and not the other backups featured in Amazing Fantasy.  I do not think that AF15 is reprinted again until Marvel Tales Volume 2 Issue 137. 

I'm not familiar with reprints that don't share the same title/cover, so my lists may not be the actual 1st reprint of the inside stories.

:sorry:

5 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

^ Thats fine, I am interested in any reprints of classic stories but generally the earlier the better.

The first 6 Hulk issues surely have an earlier reprint than 1991...if not, that makes me sad!

Again... 

Marvel Tales Volume 2

It begins it's run in 1964. 

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_Tales_Vol_2

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Depends if you count Origins of Marvel Comics or not.

Side question-what was the first reprint of just the superman story from Action #1?  And the first Batman story.

24 minutes ago, kav said:

Side question-what was the first reprint of just the superman story from Action #1?  And the first Batman story.

Very good chance I could be wrong here...

I always thought that Superman 1 in 1939 reprinted the first Action 1 Superman story.