• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF 1
1 1

26 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

wait is this book  from another country? the cover price has 9d on it not 10 cents

its a Uk variant

11 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Since you pointed that out, that top staple looks like it may have been cleaned or replaced, too...  :sorry:

I was thinking the same thing as that top staple looks pretty shinny in this picture compared to the bottom. 

As to grading I would grade it to protect it and maybe help sell it later if you want it wont be as much as a US copy but still has some value. 

As for grade if you can get it cleaned I don't think a press would help much as most of that is colour breaking and heavy creasing. and it might do more damage to the book but not a presser maybe @joeypost  can chime in on if he would press a book like that.  but I would be at 1.5 maybe 2 if it can get most of that dirt off. 

But you will most likely get a purple label for the F being coloured in and that potentially cleaned or replaced staple.

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

I was thinking the same thing as that top staple looks pretty shinny in this picture compared to the bottom. 

As to grading I would grade it to protect it and maybe help sell it later if you want it wont be as much as a US copy but still has some value. 

As for grade if you can get it cleaned I don't think a press would help much as most of that is colour breaking and heavy creasing. and it might do more damage to the book but not a presser maybe @joeypost  can chime in on if he would press a book like that.  but I would be at 1.5 maybe 2 if it can get most of that dirt off. 

But you will most likely get a purple label for the F being coloured in and that potentially cleaned or replaced staple.

Thank you for pointing this out - very very helpful. I was hoping for a blue label FF 1 - would it make sense to grade it as is?? Or remove the staple and the portion with the color touch on the top right and hope for a 1.0 or .5 Blue label 

21 minutes ago, Bookaholic said:

Thank you for pointing this out - very very helpful. I was hoping for a blue label FF 1 - would it make sense to grade it as is?? Or remove the staple and the portion with the color touch on the top right and hope for a 1.0 or .5 Blue label 

that choice is up to you and many people will have different views, whether you do this financially or from a collectors view they will have different views as removing the staple and colour touch you will more than likely end up in 0.5 range from my understanding but that's a large area to remove colour touch as it seems the whole F was colour in and that would remove a lot of that page. If from a collector view I would leave it as is Purple doesn't bother me as much as some people I have a few Purple labels but I wouldn't want to really destroy the art work of a book just to get a blue label unless if was very minor and I wanted to sell the book etc.. to many variables to list. 

if you want to just do it from a monetary position and get that blue label check the pricing of a Purple 1.5 UK variant book to a 0.5 Blue book but keep in mind that the cover appeal will be less so you might have to look at the lower values as scraping away that much colour will affect the covers appeal and reduce the buyer pool. I would research a bit on pricing etc.. if your doing it from a monetary position and make your choice there of what will net you the most $$$$$$