• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone resubmitting their bronze pedigree books
2 2

26 posts in this topic

IS CGC ever going to increase registry points for pedigreed books? They usually command a premium

They do 10% increase for sig series, why not for pedigrees, since they now have their own label as well

24 minutes ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

IS CGC ever going to increase registry points for pedigreed books? They usually command a premium

They do 10% increase for sig series, why not for pedigrees, since they now have their own label as well

They probably will now with the new label. :wishluck:

3 hours ago, namisgr said:

I have something like 50 bronze age pedigree slabbed comics and no, I don't intend to pay for them to be reholdered with the new label.   

:idea: Have you considered asking CGC to do it free of charge and also pay for your shipping so that you can help them promote their new money grabbing label?

Especially since it is starting to be seen for what it is and as a big joke by many of the longer term collectors, and even moreso with some of the newly minted pedigrees which they have just announced.  :p

I have multiple pedigreed books - I'm not sure if I want to have different color labels for my Fantastic Four registry set. The couple yellow ones in there are already making my OCD hurt.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, lou_fine said:
On 7/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, namisgr said:

I have something like 50 bronze age pedigree slabbed comics and no, I don't intend to pay for them to be reholdered with the new label.   

:idea: Have you considered asking CGC to do it free of charge and also pay for your shipping so that you can help them promote their new money grabbing label?

Especially since it is starting to be seen for what it is and as a big joke by many of the longer term collectors, and even moreso with some of the newly minted pedigrees which they have just announced.  :p

Since when is "Murphy Anderson File Copy" a pedigree? 

I like the look of the new label but yeah, this is just a cash grab and there are plenty of sheep who will enthusiastically baaaaa their way to their package carrier of choice to resubmit.

48 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Since when is "Murphy Anderson File Copy" a pedigree? 

I like the look of the new label but yeah, this is just a cash grab and there are plenty of sheep who will enthusiastically baaaaa their way to their package carrier of choice to resubmit.

Don't really know much about the Murphy Anderson File Copies, although they did post a pictures of a few CGC 9.8 graded copies.  So, it might hopefully also be primarily HG copies similar to the ones in the Don Rosa pedigree books.  (shrug)

At least they would appear to be much better in term of condition quality as compared to the newly announced Cookville, Eldon, and Harold Curtis pedigrees which they also have now bestowed official pedigree status to.  Especially in light of the fact that books from these 3 collections are generally only in the mid-grade range and I am not aware of any that would be considered as high grade copies.  Of course, there might be the odd exception here and there, but from my own personal point of view, a real stretch to say that they are of true pedigree quality.  :screwy:

On 7/17/2019 at 9:06 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I have multiple pedigreed books - I'm not sure if I want to have different color labels for my Fantastic Four registry set. The couple yellow ones in there are already making my OCD hurt.

Send them to me; I'll swap out regular copies for no charge.

:whistle:

26 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Send them to me; I'll swap out regular copies for no charge.

:whistle:

I have no doubt he'll love the boxes full of bubble wrap & newspaper he gets back in the swap (: 🤯  

...:jokealert:

Edited by MGsimba77

On 7/12/2019 at 8:04 AM, 10cents said:

Just saw this beauty and am wondering if it's going to be worth upgrading to the new label for bronze keys.

No.  A label is not an "upgrade."  And I won't be paying more for a b&w label either (on the other hand, I might for an old label).

I have some raw White Mountains I wasn’t planning to grade, but I’ll be sending them in now. I’m not a fan of the Stanlee, marvel or WD labels, and the George Perez Boom label was a fail, but I’m digging the pedigree label.