• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird Superman #14 in Heritage Auction
1 1

7 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Lots of Superman 14s and all star 8s seem to be a little wider than the slabs and hence get the larger slab. 

I really don’t like it when - Surprise! - a comic shows up in a larger slab.   When this came in the mail is the first time I had any inkling of such a thing.  I showed it to CGC when they set up at a local con and they said sorry, nothing to be done here.  It’s maybe 1/8th of an inch wider than golden age, but I have no idea why.  Anyway, due to the larger holder, I have this book stuck off in some weird storage spot because it won’t fit with the others.  In looking back, I don’t even know why I picked this up other than the fact that the enthusiasm for GGA from many of my favorite boardies here is contagious! Well, that, plus it still cracks me up that Matt Baker got away with such a bawdy cover.

BC4C4BDB-6630-4337-BD12-CBED622790CD.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

4 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I really don’t like it when - Surprise! - a comic shows up in a larger slab.   When this came in the mail is the first time I had any inkling of such a thing.  I showed it to CGC when they set up at a local con and they said sorry, nothing to be done here.  It’s maybe 1/8th of an inch wider than golden age, but I have no idea why.  Anyway, due to the larger holder, I have this book stuck off in some weird storage spot because it won’t fit with the others.  In looking back, I don’t even know why I picked this up other than the fact that the enthusiasm for GGA from many of my favorite boardies here is contagious! Well, that, plus it still cracks me up that Matt Baker got away with such a bawdy cover.

GreatCaesarsGhostTV.thumb.jpg.e0d955d4416bc60f3acc39b5172bc040.jpg:makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint: Really.:hi:

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Not a bad problem to have...

10 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Nobody cares about the slab when it comes to this particular book as it's really all about the naughty banter between the 2 women in the background.  (tsk)

Anybody read the interior story as I am just wondering what the guy's name is?  lol

12 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Nobody cares about the slab when it comes to this particular book as it's really all about the naughty banter between the 2 women in the background.  (tsk)

Anybody read the interior story as I am just wondering what the guy's name is?  lol

Now that is funny!