• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faded Areas: Impact on Grade?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I mean the dudes asking me to tell him like I have the formula for how CGC will bump down the grade like if its structurally 10 what does that even mean a CGC graded 10 book is not just about structure its about production flaws etc.. 

I asked your opinion...I thought you might have some insight on it...I guess not.

2 hours ago, JTD said:

How bad would CGC dock the grade for the fading?

They would 'dock' the grade quite a bit. The fading is strong. Looks like a 7.0 grade range for me. Not sure but if you are considering buying this book I would avoid it. 

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Thanks Bob...I think it was a stock photo...I wouldn’t desire a faded comic was just wondering how bad it would get hammered if structurally it was perfect.

10 hours ago, JTD said:

I know it depends on severity, but I’m asking about this specific example.

I've seen books that were in otherwise very high grade get knocked down to a 5.5 for fading. The ASM #129 looks pretty similar to those...

Edited by The Lions Den

12 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

I've seen books that were in otherwise very high grade get knocked down to a 5.5 for fading. The ASM #129 looks pretty similar to those...

yeah I saw a 5.0 that had no visible bends or creasing but was very faded so that's why I said it would probably be at a 6.0 

40 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

yeah I saw a 5.0 that had no visible bends or creasing but was very faded so that's why I said it would probably be at a 6.0 

Good call!  (thumbsu 

It's tough to say what the ASM 129 would get if it were sent to CGC, but this is a pretty fair estimate...