• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Studios phase 4
3 3

349 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

As was exposited many times in Endgame, "changing" the past does not change the reality of Earth-616. So that cannot be the explanation.

And if Marvel Studios intends on allowing another character to discover/perfect Quantum Time Travel then I'm forever done with the MCU. I basically already am with the announcement of Jane Foster's female Thor.

this announcement may send feige and his associates back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Everyone keeps saying "female Thor", but even if she's worthy of Mjolnir, she's not really Thor. I mean, did Steve Rogers become Captain Thor in Endgame? No. She'll still be Jane, just able to command the hammer. Thor Odinson's look goes much better with Stormbreaker anyway. But yeah, what about Beta Ray Bill? Maybe Mjolnir finds a new worthy best friend with every movie.

They announced her as "Thor", though.

Also, the hammer will come from..? They're undoing the storytelling that built up the trust in this franchise. This was the wrong direction to go in for Thor and the MCU.

May as well bring the Eye of Agamotto back for Doctor Strange. Bring everyone and everything back to life, like the comics! I'm really sour on this.

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

this announcement may send feige and his associates back to the drawing board.

Some people seem to like it. Most of the people I know don't. It'll likely make them money. If it doesn't perform very well, though...

A lot of people that like the idea hate Portman portraying female Thor. So, it seems like most people are bothered by 1 thing or another.

Eternals: could be bad but giving it a chance

Wanda Vision: guess we are getting The Vision back, could be fun team up movie

Thor: The best Thor movies are the ones Natalie Portman doesn’t appear in, now she is back and is Thor? No Loki but heavy Jane Foster?! Anyone clambering for this?

Falcon and Soldier: could be epic

Loki: little nervous about undoing all the growth from the movies but could be fun.

Shang Chi: no brainer should have done before

Blade: wish they kept Snipes, bet he could still do it but I’m will probably be awesome.

Dr. Strange 2:  Autopilot decision, should be fun

Scarlett Widow:  Autopilot decision, should be fun

Hawkeye: I expect something psychotic and fun. 

We’re mostly past the first tier characters so onto to 2nd round draft picks. I’m really disappointed in Thor god I can imagine it might suck. 

No more Cap, replaced

Thor turned to joke, now replaced

Iron Man Dead

Loki turned back all development gone

Vision dead (for now)

Black Widow dead (least we get a prequel)

Hulk now boring Smart Sassy Hulk

Seems like Marvel is moving Heaven and Earth to smash apart the avengers and stomp the characters we love into dust.  

Yeezus, I have absolutely no interest in nearly any of this stuff.

I suspect that we will quickly get an MCU FF and/or X men film(s) fast tracked once most of this announced stuff underperforms.  

Or maybe that's just my own "superhero fatigue" kicking in. hm

-J.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Thor: The best Thor movies are the ones Natalie Portman doesn’t appear in, now she is back and is Thor? No Loki but heavy Jane Foster?! Anyone clambering for this?

Two out of three Thor movies have Natalie Portman. So what you mean is the only one good Thor movie is the one without her. Are you saying you didn't like the first Thor movie at the least? But you liked Ragnarok which means you liked what Taika Waititi did with the franchise but you aren't going to like what Taika is about to do because Natalie Portman will now be in it. I'm confused by your logic.

As for Hemsworth being back, he was up on stage last night. Either he'll be back or he was there as a goodwill ambassador to wish Natalie Portman the best. If it was his last MCU movie ever, a goodbye to the SDCC crowd (and the internet) would have been nice. I guess he has better things to do like make a MIB sequel to his sequel. So inconsiderate.

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

In order of interest/excitement:

1. Doctor Strange 2

2. Shang Chi

3. Blade

Stone dead on arrival:

1. Natalie Thor

For me.

In order of interest/excitement:

1. Black Widow(Taskmaster)

2. Shang Chi

3. Blade

4. Eternals

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Two out of three Thor movies have Natalie Portman. So what you mean is the only one good Thor movie is the one without her. Are you saying you didn't like the first Thor movie at the least? But you liked Ragnarok which means you liked what Taika Waititi did with the franchise but you aren't going to like what Taika is about to do because Natalie Portman will now be in it. I'm confused by your logic.

As for Hemsworth being back, he was up on stage last night. Either he'll be back or he was there as a goodwill ambassador to wish Natalie Portman the best. If it was his last MCU movie ever, a goodbye to the SDCC crowd (and the internet) would have been nice. I guess he has better things to do like make a MIB sequel to his sequel. So inconsiderate.

Most likely he will be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3, so that might explain why he was there as well.

Just now, Broke as a Joke said:

I'm certain that Hemsworth will be in the new Thor movie.  Jane being Thor is just a plot device for the new movie.

Beta Ray Bill would have been a much better choice.  Natalie Portman should be banned from sci-fi, action/adventure and comic book movies!

The Thor: Love and Thunder logo reminds me of a 80's metal band logo or a 80's bad sword and sorcery flick.

1878269708_thorlove.jpg.0aba39fb7dcf7ae844ad2ac20ffd8ff4.jpgConan_logo.png.8841becd0426b54a29891a74e90ccdaa.png2120581941_heman.jpg.d73001cf07847de9a58a24653ebede6e.jpg2025932500_heavymetal.jpg.f77f1e38f764a91068d30f5208ae0278.jpg

I wonder if this part of a theme Taika Waititi is following. Ragnarok had a early 80's disco/ Flash Gordon sci-fi look. Maybe Love and Thunder will be bad 80's metal and sword & sorcery theme. And if Jane will have the powers of Thor, will Taika reference the scene from Conan 1982 where Valeria comes back from the dead like some shiny valkyrie to save Conan's butt? Because if he does, that would be cool.

I'm not a fan of Natilie Portman, thought she was horrible in the Star Wars prequels (but so where the other actors) and thought she was horrible in the Thor movies.  Now a Thor movie that has her front and center?  I'm not looking forward to it, however I will keep from being a total debbie downer until I see a trailer.

4 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I'm not a fan of Natilie Portman, thought she was horrible in the Star Wars prequels (but so where the other actors) and thought she was horrible in the Thor movies.  Now a Thor movie that has her front and center?  I'm not looking forward to it, however I will keep from being a total debbie downer until I see a trailer.

Nobody said she'd be front and center. I don't think Kevin Feige or Taika Waititi are that dumb to put one of their top cash cows in a supporting role for a character who hasn't appeared in the MCU in 10 years. Yet you guys love to believe the worst and say the sky is falling until your mind is blown by the final product. This will be a fun couple years leading up to late 2021.

23 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

And if Jane will have the powers of Thor, will Taika reference the scene from Conan 1982 where Valeria comes back from the dead like some shiny valkyrie to save Conan's butt? Because if he does, that would be cool.

She'll have to apologize for Thor 1/2, Star Wars and Annihilation after saving Thor to free her soul so not to wander the earth :roflmao:.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:21 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Not yet, but Disney and Marvel Studios will make sure that we’ll all want to see it once the marketing kicks in. They haven’t failed yet. And Black Panther proved there’s a big African-American audience for an MCU film starring an African-American.

I bet RDJ’s voice will at least come back for an Ironheart. 

Yep. There wasn't any buzz about the Guardians of the Galaxy. Certainly no best selling comic.

Black Panther had numerous stop and start series throughout the years. Maybe a third tier character.

Ant-Man? LOL. 

At this point they could do any movie they wanted.

As a life long Marvel comic fan for 30 years they have finally reached the bottom of the barrel with characters I know nothing about. I was even a fan of Guardians long before the movies but the Eternals and Shang-Chi? Bascially a poor man's Inhumans and Iron Fist.

At least they teased Fantastic Four and X-Men. Hopefully they will do something with Daredevil too. These are real proper A-List characters we need to see.

Edited by Anfield Fox

47 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

As a life long Marvel comic fan for 30 years they have finally reached the bottom of the barrel with characters I know nothing about. I was even a fan of Guardians long before the movies but the Eternals and Shang-Chi? Bascially a poor man's Inhumans and Iron Fist.

At least they teased Fantastic Four and X-Men. Hopefully they will do something with Daredevil too. These are real proper A-List characters we need to see.

The strengh of the Marvel Universe is they have so many great characters to make movies about. That was DC`s weakness always making movies about Superman and Batman. Look how good the Aquaman and Shazam movies were? I guarantee all those Marvel A list characters will be back. What no one seems to be pointing out is Marvel Phase 4  ends on November 6, 2021. That is only two years. I am sure many A list characters like Deadpool and Spider-Man will be back for Marvel Phase 5.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur