• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERMAN 4 VS ACTION COMICS 23
3 3

326 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 10:49 AM, KCOComics said:

He's a contrarian who enjoys causing a stir with strangers on the internet. He doesn't believe the things he writes, he just enjoys the swirl he can cause. 

He was saying AF15 is the most valuable book in comics, when it obviously and clearly wasn't.  It was a ridiculous position and was proven wrong when Sup 1 sold for $5M+, but he continued the argument even after that. 

There is an ignore list. I put this person on it a while ago.

Edited by D84

On 6/23/2022 at 8:38 AM, KCOComics said:

For what it's worth, I still think AC23 should be considered the first appearance of Luther. 

It is interesting that the public was introduced to Lex a few weeks earlier, in what was clearly intended to be his second appearance. 

Did AC sell much better than Superman? Maybe they wanted more readers to be introduced to Lex in AC and feel obligated to buy Superman 4, which was out at the same time? 

On 6/23/2022 at 9:02 AM, circumstances said:

Superman 4 was "Spring Issue" so it was intended to be on the stands for several months.

The fact that it pre-dated by a bit (then overlapped) the monthly Action Comics probably wasn't much of a concern for DC?

It's possible the boys at DC had that in mind (KCO) but I doubt it. Because the Sup 4 pre date was so close they most likely didn't care or it just slipped through. But we don't know.  And I agree the fact that Sup 4 was a Spring issue may have been the reason. I hadn't thought of that (thumbsu. They could have been thinking that the majority of sales of Sup 4 will happen after AC 23 comes out anyway (because of the longer shelf life of Sup 4) so best do it this way. Sup 5 probably didn't come out until mid May of 1940 ( just estimating) and by then AC 25 (June issue) was probably almost definitely on the stands. 

Edited by Professor K

On 6/23/2022 at 9:16 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I'm going to post these here and then I am done with this because it is pointless and stupid- some more official data from the actual publisher. Notice the book descriptions and release dates.  Oops.  How pesky and inconvenient for you.  How "contrarian" of me. :devil:

Have fun trying to talk around, rationalize, ignore, dismiss, or whatever else you need to do with these to cling to your unprovable (and clearly wrong) fan theories.  (thumbsu

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/action-comics-1938-23/73e95d70-4d11-4f43-9bc6-f57aeab6f10c/c

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/book/superman-1939-1986-4/49280098-41cf-479b-9450-4511fef40854/c

-J.

Screenshot_20220623-090234_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220623-090208_Samsung Internet.jpg

You keep posting stuff that had nothing to do with the question in the first place. RELEASE DATES!!! DC released Superman 4 first. Posting a ton of stuff that states Action 23 is the "first appearance" of Luthor, won't help your cause, EVER. Wasn't the question in the first place.

As far you you stating, the rest of the facts are "irrelevant" has been proven to be untrue as well. Just because you want publishing and release dates to be as irrelevant to the rest of us, as they are to you... well, it doesn't work that way. Sorry.

As far as you being done? Doubt it. You can't stand you were proven wrong, and you'll die on your sword with a point we've already conceded that has nothing to do with the point of the thread. Standing ovation for your incorrectness. :headbang:

On 6/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Who's the "contrarian"?  :roflmao:

https://www.dccomics.com/characters/lex-luthor

(But you'll probably just ignore that too)

-J.

You remind me of a story my dad taught me when I was young. If one guy says you're an A Hole, he's just probably having a bad day... if two guys tell you you're an A Hole, maybe it's just a coincidence... if three or more people tell you you're an A Hole... 

GUESS WHAT? 

You've been wrong, you'll continue to be wrong. Drown in your self centered, ignorant bliss. Must be nice.

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

• Administrator
On 6/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Who's the "contrarian"?  :roflmao:

https://www.dccomics.com/characters/lex-luthor

(But you'll probably just ignore that too)

-J.

On 6/24/2022 at 2:06 AM, Joshua33 said:

You remind me of a story my dad taught me when I was young. If one guy says you're an A Hole, he's just probably having a bad day... if two guys tell you you're an A Hole, maybe it's just a coincidence... if three or more people tell you you're an A Hole... 

GUESS WHAT? 

You've been wrong, you'll continue to be wrong. Drown in your self centered, ignorant bliss. Must be nice.

If the back and forth arguing between you two doesn't stop, I will make it stop, and neither one of you will be happy.  I recommend you both use the ignore feature.