• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Ed McGuinness early Deadpool

6 posts in this topic

One of my goals this year is to purchase my first OA page. Ive known for a couple years that I wanted a page from Joe Kelly’s 1997 Deadpool series drawn by Ed. I’ve been eyeing the market the best I can. Slim pickins it seems. 

My most wanted OA would be a Norm Breyfogle Batman or Sandman, but those are way out of my price range for now until who knows when. Next best would be a Deadpool page, and the early Ed stuff is my absolute favorite. Hoping to find a nice page within my budget. 

Id prefer to stick between $500-600, but I would pay more for the right piece. Obviously the more ‘Pool, the better. 

Any help is much appreciated. Even advice about this market if you collect this art too. 

I will pay via PayPal, and will cover any fees. Thanks very much for any assistance! 

I don’t know anything about Breyfogle Sandman but Breyfogle Batman pops up often enough. The problem with Brey-Bat is that when they pop up they get snatched up quickly. Like in a few hours quick. 

I don’t look hard for McGuiness Deadpool but I don’t see it often and less often than Breyfogle. IMO it’s harder to find and it’s just as wanted so expect stiff competition. 

My advice is keep focused and be patient and build your budget outside of your comfort zone. Many of us pay outside of our comfort zone because that’s what it takes to complete our mission. Turn over every stone and shake a lot trees. Posting here is a good start. Create “want lists” on eBay, Heritage Auctions, and Comic Art Tracker. Good luck!

Thanks for advice Jay. I got my want/watch lists in effect on the major sites. I based the starting point of my budget on what I’ve seen a couple pieces go for awhile ago. Just depends on the appeal of the available piece as to what I want to spend, but I’ve seen a couple examples I’d be willing to open my wallet wider for. 

28 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I don’t know anything about Breyfogle Sandman but Breyfogle Batman pops up often enough. The problem with Brey-Bat is that when they pop up they get snatched up quickly. Like in a few hours quick. 

I didn’t mean Sandman by Breyfogle I just meant any page from the Gaiman Sandman series, my phrasing was a little off. 

11 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I didn’t mean Sandman by Breyfogle I just meant any page from the Gaiman Sandman series, my phrasing was a little off. 

No, you had it right. I misinterpreted your sentence. I’m having on off day. 

You’re the second person today to tell “me” that he is looking for Sandman pages, if that tells you anything. I thought I saw one on Albert Moy’s site, but I’m sure you know that.