• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its been ten years since we lost Nik!!!
4 4

124 posts in this topic

Nik was always good to me, time goes by so quickly. Was an extremely sad time, and a huge loss for family,these boards,collectors, and much more...  R.I.P , Nik. :sorry:

4 hours ago, greggy said:
5 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

My favorite Nik memory was WW Chicago '08. Nik, Arex, and Danny arrived together for that con. Nik and Arex were like a comedy team. They made me laugh that entire show, usually by ripping on Danny lol

I was there too and I spilled some water on the table and tripped on the decrepit streets unfortunately missing Roy.

Was it 2007 or 2008?

Nik was actually the reason I found out about these forums. He invited me over from eBay when a book I was selling was being discussed.

I think it was at that WW Chicago show that everyone really met everyone for the first time. It was like a 'coming of age' movie where we weren't just faceless avatars anymore and became real people for the first time.

Man, it's been a long time.

Nik is missed.

And thankfully greggy missed me (athough I would have caught you if I could have, buddy :wink:)

4 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

The Greektown dinner that year was legendary for a few reasons, one was you face-planting yourself on a Chicago sidewalk :roflmao:

Was that just the CGC group or was it the larger dinner, because I remember a HUGE forum dinner somewhere downtown but am not sure if it was the same one that you're talking about?

If it was the really big dinner, there must have been 30 people at that dinner. I don't even remember how many. I just remember rows and rows of tables.

What I do remember is that Nik and I were the last two to leave the restaurant and we got stiffed with the bill for people who didn't chip in enough. I think we came up with about $500 or $600 between the two of us on like a $1500 bill (or something along those lines).

1 minute ago, TheWatcher said:
5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Was it 2007 or 2008?

'08 was the first year for the Greektown dinner. The '09 dinner took place a month after Nik passed

OK, my memory is not the greatest.

That was the one we all took the train from Rosemont for.

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Was it 2007 or 2008?

Nik was actually the reason I found out about these forums. He invited me over from eBay when a book I was selling was being discussed.

I think it was at that WW Chicago show that everyone really met everyone for the first time. It was like a 'coming of age' movie where we weren't just faceless avatars anymore and became real people for the first time.

Man, it's been a long time.

Nik is missed.

And thankfully greggy missed me (athough I would have caught you if I could have, buddy :wink:)

Roy...it was 2007, that’s when we all first really met at the Courtyard.  2008 was the first Greektown dinner.  When was the year Beyonder came to Chicago with us?  Was it 2009 Christopher?

Jim

6 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:
13 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I barely remember that thread, and I was posting in it.:insane:

Probably because of your “allergies” Greggy was accusing you of?  :baiting:

Jim

:shy: