• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Collection
1 1

64 posts in this topic

To the OP: is this you and is this the happy conclusion to this case:

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2019/08/12/burglary-suspects-foiled-by-meddling-comic-book-store-owner

If so, congrats on the great outcome and getting your comics back.  I just heard about it on the radio and thought it sounded awfully familiar.  I'm also glad those crooks were of the low IQ variety and tried to sell locally.  The article somewhat makes me feel sad, from a human being perspective, on the crooks as people but I do hope they are able to pay for their crimes, pay restitution to all their other victims and return all the other items they stole from others. 

I always wondered how some people can sell things on ebay for ridiculously low prices.  It's called a fencing operation.

11 minutes ago, justafan said:

To the OP: is this you and is this the happy conclusion to this case:

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2019/08/12/burglary-suspects-foiled-by-meddling-comic-book-store-owner

If so, congrats on the great outcome and getting your comics back.  I just heard about it on the radio and thought it sounded awfully familiar.  I'm also glad those crooks were of the low IQ variety and tried to sell locally.  The article somewhat makes me feel sad, from a human being perspective, on the crooks as people but I do hope they are able to pay for their crimes, pay restitution to all their other victims and return all the other items they stole from others. 

I always wondered how some people can sell things on ebay for ridiculously low prices.  It's called a fencing operation.

I don't think so. The comic books in the article were stolen more recently.

It is a good story, though.

21 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I don't think so. The comic books in the article were stolen more recently.

It is a good story, though.

dang, you may be right as this theft claims they used bolt cutters to break the lock and there were no cameras in that section of the storage facility.  I guess this kind of theft really does happen more often. 

Now I wonder how long it would take before thieves broke in and steal the 5 boxes of drek I have.  They'd probably break in, see the drek and feel so badly for me they'd replace the lock and leave a sorry note.

Just now, justafan said:

...Now I wonder how long it would take before thieves broke in and steal the 5 boxes of drek I have.  They'd probably break in, see the drek and feel so badly for me they'd replace the lock and leave a sorry note.

Put a combination lock on each box and label them, "Action Comics 1-50", etc. All they'll see is:

:flipbait: