20,000 Graded copies of ASM 300
0

16 posts in this topic

1,675 posts
Posted (edited)

I don't collect very many moderns so I had no idea this many had been graded. :whatthe:

Why the desire to keep slabbing these when they're so common? Just for resale? Protect the family heirlooms? Social inertia?

Congrats in advance to whoever gets the 20,000th label.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.40.54 PM.png

Edited by MatterEaterLad
Secret subliminal message "GIVE ME ALL YOUR COMICS"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,842 posts

I hope one day we see a 10.0 copy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,637 posts

I see it as another smart marketing move to drive subs.

Now if they'd just eliminate the Newton Ring issue and improve TAT's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,612 posts
2 minutes ago, bc said:

I see it as another smart marketing move to drive subs.

Now if they'd just eliminate the Newton Ring issue and improve TAT's.

Do you think the 20,000th copy will have newton rings?

No?

I wonder why.

And the 20,001st.....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,612 posts
1 minute ago, bc said:
7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

And the 20,001st.....?

Will look like an Exxon oil spill.

Thank God, normal and acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,675 posts
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

I hope one day we see a 10.0 copy

Ten 9.9s. 

Actually kind of surprising that there's no 10.0 after 20-freaking-thousand graded books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,705 posts

Do you think that the 20,000th book was really a 9.8?  What if it was really a 6.0.  Would they hold off until they had a 9.8 to say it is the 20,000th?  Better advertising for them as a 9.8 than a 6.0 would be. Just wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,842 posts
41 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Do you think that the 20,000th book was really a 9.8?  What if it was really a 6.0.  Would they hold off until they had a 9.8 to say it is the 20,000th?  Better advertising for them as a 9.8 than a 6.0 would be. Just wondering.

yes they would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,661 posts

Is it the most graded copy of any comic in existence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,934 posts
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

Ten 9.9s. 

Actually kind of surprising that there's no 10.0 after 20-freaking-thousand graded books. 

Can there ever be a 10.0 with the deckled/fluted/scalloped/rough cut right cover edge that 300s are all factory produced with? (shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,734 posts

If there's a 10.0 copy out there, I'm sure it'll turn up in one of Foolkiller's submissions :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,934 posts
3 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

If there's a 10.0 copy out there, I'm sure it'll turn up in one of Foolkiller's submissions :D  

Was the circulation increased for issue #300? Or were just about the same 500,000 or so #300s printed as the rest of them in the 200-300 range?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0