• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective # 27 on rack photo- EBay. Photo shopped
1 1

30 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, action1kid said:

Let’s assume that 3 mint comic books. 15 Million ?

Do you think there are three buyers willing to go $15 million for them? Three buyers at $5mil each? I don't know that part of the market at all.

1 hour ago, action1kid said:

Let’s assume that 3 mint comic books. 15 Million ?

Surviving a World War plus 70+ years and still Mint ? Not much of a chance I'm afraid.

Still, maybe one of those is the Allentown. hm

Edited by Gotham Kid

When I bid on movie posters, many of the auctions have photos or stills.  Some I would like to have, especially the behind the scenes shots like Boris Karloff getting his makeup for Frankenstein or leisure shots of things like Buster Crabbe in between shoots of one of his serials.  

Many go for big bucks depending of course on the subject matter and condition.  I have always been leery to bid because the image can be easily replicated and really the feel of the paper and often a stamp of some kind on the back helps determine its authenticity.  

So I can understand this being desirable though not sure it is $4K money but he can start there.  I still have a hard time personally plopping bigger dollars down on a photo even one I would to have and believe the auction has verified it's real.  I still would rather have an original poster or comic for bigger money.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:08 PM, action1kid said:

03FDE650-F918-4599-B722-2A44AAA78039.png

Just for grins I tried identifying the row of comics on the same rack as the 'Tec 27 looking for any anachronism.  From what I can see: (l to r)

Star Comics #20, Jumbo Comics #8 (in back), All-American Comics #3, Detective Comics #27, Feature Funnies #20, Feature Book #17 (Gang Busters), Super Comics #12, ??

The only book that may have a question about its history is the Feature Book #17. The other surrounding issues seem to check out historically in the same newsstand timeframe as the 'Tec 27.

5 hours ago, GomerPyleUSMC said:

Just for grins I tried identifying the row of comics on the same rack as the 'Tec 27 looking for any anachronism.  From what I can see: (l to r)

Star Comics #20, Jumbo Comics #8 (in back), All-American Comics #3, Detective Comics #27, Feature Funnies #20, Feature Book #17 (Gang Busters), Super Comics #12, ??

The only book that may have a question about its history is the Feature Book #17. The other surrounding issues seem to check out historically in the same newsstand timeframe as the 'Tec 27.

Plus the Action 12 on the bottom rack. 👍🏻