• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Bronty said:

how did you do on the fables?

Made 50% (holding it almost 9 years) but it still ended at what I would consider to be the lower-end of FMV for that piece.  Oversized, fully finished JJ Fables cover with all of the principal cast and there hasn't been much supply on the market.  Not to mention JJ continues to grow a global fan base...I was expecting at least 10% more at a minimum, frankly. 

I'm pretty much running at breakeven here (less than 1% net profit) after 4 lots and an average holding period of well over a decade.  :golfclap:  

5 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Me too. Do your results account for HA’s vig?  Markets go up and down so hang tough and try to make up for any loss with volume. 

Yes, all figures are net of any transaction costs.  Excluding the vig, the numbers would look better, but, I'm reporting the actual cash-on-cash net return, which is ultimately what matters. 

WOW!!!!  ???

First Axa strip $6,600.00 with juice by Enrique Badia Romero

I jaw dropped first when the bid was at $3100 before live bidding and even more surprised by the final hammer.

AXA for those not familiar was a british strip in the 80s ran for like 8 years. Basically Red Sonja meets Logan's Run, lots of bare breasts (typical for British strip). But not a huge fan base and most of the strips sell for around $350. Myself and another collector are the two biggest collector of the strip and I expected this to go for under $1K. Amazed two bidders push it to $6600, I know its the first strip in the series but she is fully clothed. My friend owns the first strip where she disrobes.

axa.thumb.jpg.b66b7ba935664a2353be168f83b33a36.jpg

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/comic-strip-art/enrique-badia-romero-axa-1-daily-comic-strip-original-art-dated-7-3-78-the-sun-1978-/a/7212-94188.s?id=21495599

Edited by Brian Peck

Just now, Michael (OML)1 said:

Help - its frozen - what is happening 

Someone doesn't want you to get that George Roussos piece.