How much for Stan Lee's First comic cover cameo?

8 posts in this topic

36 posts

Hi, I saw a 1950 Black Rider #1,8 comic on ebay and I was wondering how much it is worth? Do you think it might be a good investment?

The comic is the highest graded CGC issue, an 8.0 and it has a beautiful Stan Lee autograph on it. There is one issue graded higher in the CGC Census but it has been restored and I am not interested in any restored comics.

The comic is on auction and is up to $2000 so far. It is a really rare comic and very few have been graded according to the CGC Census. 

I was thinking that I would place a bid on it, but I wanted to know what the CGC experts on the chat board thinks before I do.

Does anyone know how much this might be worth, or if it might be a good investment? The Auction ends next Saturday, the 24th of August.

Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

42,451 posts

I think this would be a great book to own. For your sake, I hope not too many people feel that way.  It's more than I'm willing to pay right now.

889 posts
Posted (edited)

I'm a Marvel fan but have zero interest in that book, that being said I have no interest in Stan's autograph either.  I think it's a pretty sloppy signature (this one is better than most though).

Edited by Xenosmilus

1,188 posts

That's Stan Lee dressed up as the Black Rider? Who would have thought? What would he have been then, 27-28 years old?

260 posts
4 hours ago, Jaylam said:

That's Stan Lee dressed up as the Black Rider? Who would have thought? What would he have been then, 27-28 years old?

yeah 28 years old

1,188 posts
9 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

yeah 28 years old

Does this make him an early pioneer of cos-play?

3,351 posts

Goodness!

Stan did NOT now how to handle the iron! xD