• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Press & Clean?

4 posts in this topic

Hello all - recent purchase that looks rough but I am hoping a press and clean may up the value. Seems like white portions are tanned or stained. Bends and folds present, as well as some chipping. My guess is this is about a 3.5 or 4.0. Would you submit for cleaning/pressing? I love the cover and am hoping the this would brighten up. 

IMG_1735.jpg

1 minute ago, myboyluke said:

Hello all - recent purchase that looks rough but I am hoping a press and clean may up the value. Seems like white portions are tanned or stained. Bends and folds present, as well as some chipping. My guess is this is about a 3.5 or 4.0. Would you submit for cleaning/pressing? I love the cover and am hoping the this would brighten up. 

IMG_1735.jpg

you might want to put this in the hey buddy spare a grade forum (PGM) with some better pics of the front and back cover to get a better guess but from what  see dry cleaning doesn't help stains or tanning which is what I believe you want to clean on the white parts a press might help a little but a lot of the creases are Colour breaking and pressing doesn't help that. 

To me, it looks like getting a cleaning WOULD improve the overall appearance of the comic, and increase the value of the comic.

I'd say do a bit of research on how much it costs to clean or press a comic (make sure you factor in shipping and the waiting time).  CCS (CGC affiliate) and Joeypost (who commented previously in this thread) both do it, and there are other service providers available should you choose to do a google search.  Then you can do a bit of math to see if the numbers line up for you (everyone has different financial/collection preferences).