House of X #1 Emma Frost Variant
1 1

10 posts in this topic

27 posts

Hello Everyone,

I just joined cgc and will be purchasing a membership in the next few days for the $150 credit. I'm told I should be able to get around 5 books graded for that amount? I have a copy of House of X #1 id love to get an opinion on from the forums. I've searched various posts so far and was interested in what you all would grade this. Also I noticed some white on the spine, would this be a deduction and if so would a quick press help that? Please let me know if you need more pictures and thank you so much for your opinion.

IMG-2979.JPG

IMG-2980.JPG

IMG-2981.JPG

47 posts

White means color breaking - my understanding is pressing can’t help that. Your book looks pretty minty but I had a book with a couple little spine ticks that got busted down to 9.4 so I’d guess 9.4-9.6 depending if the grader had a good lunch.

27 posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Is there anything I can do on my end to improve the score or do you think that is as good as it can get?

1,021 posts

if you want to try your luck for a 9.8 it might just be easier to pick up another copy before they get any higher in price.

27 posts
On 8/24/2019 at 11:03 AM, mysterymachine said:

if you want to try your luck for a 9.8 it might just be easier to pick up another copy before they get any higher in price.

Thanks I’m tempted too. The first shipment they said was damaged so I would assume the next one would be better.