Airboy #1 cover by Tim Truman for sale.

6 posts in this topic

9,449 posts

Airboy Meets the Prowler #1 by John Snyder III & Tim Truman.

Airboy meets another 1940s-era Eclipse character, the masked crime-fighter known as the Prowler. An excellent, well-crafted cover with nice perspective.

The only recent comp is Airboy #6 by Truman that sold in Heritage for $3120, but with this being a #1 and better art IMO, I'm asking $3500. 

Free CONUS shipping. Paypal or check.

airboyprowlercover.jpg

Edited by Timely

26,610 posts
19 hours ago, Timely said:

The only recent comp is Airboy #6 by Truman that sold in Heritage for $3120, but with this being a #1 and better art IMO, I'm asking $3500. 

I'll leave others to judge the relative prices and art quality, but, I would point out, as the owner of the Airboy #6, that one should consider that my cover (a) is early & main run Airboy, (b) has Tim Truman (who co-helmed the Airboy relaunch) pencils, and (c) has Valkyrie's second cover appearance after the classic Stevens #5 cover featuring her return.  I think those factors are why it ended up over $3K. 2c 

9,449 posts

Anything's possible Gene. :facepalm:

I would argue that your Airboy #6 cover being an "early" Airboy cover from 1986 is irrelevant. This cover is from 1987... not much of a difference at all! (thumbsu

Edited by Timely

26,610 posts
6 hours ago, Timely said:

Anything's possible Gene. :facepalm:

I would argue that your Airboy #6 cover being an "early" Airboy cover from 1986 is irrelevant. This cover is from 1987... not much of a difference at all! (thumbsu

Don't forget that the first 8 issues had 50 cent covers and likely had higher print runs and more people trying out the series at that price point.  And, logically, also because it was a new series and more people were jumping on board in the first year. 

GLWTS! 

127 posts

I have the Airboy #1 and Airboy #4 covers - they are terrific -- a wonderful run for sure.