What are some themes in your OA collection?
2 2

47 posts in this topic

3,598 posts
On 8/25/2019 at 3:22 AM, alxjhnsn said:

I've done the research and posted it on the internet!

Check it out here: Themed Art Galleries on Comic Art Community.

I need to update it. If you'd like me to add you and your themes, PM me here.

I was wondering if anyone checked out my post and had any thoughts.

292 posts
3 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

I was wondering if anyone checked out my post and had any thoughts.

I did not know about this page, and I did not see it the first time you posted about it, so thanks for curating all these galleries!!  Some of these themes are really fun to look at, and their owners definitely had great ideas! I particularly like when a cover is reinterpreted multiple times (Uncanny X-Men #141 cover, Covers Reanimated, One Minute Later, ...)

72 posts

I pretty much only collect Lucifer but if something catches the eye I might pick it up.

House of Mystery Annual 2 (8)
Lucifer Covers (4)
Lucifer issues 1 - 10 (21)
Lucifer issues 11 - 21 (38)
Lucifer issues 22 - 32 (60)
Lucifer issues 33 - 43 (50) 
Lucifer issues 44 - 54 (53)
Lucifer issues 55 - 65 (21)
Lucifer issues 66 - 75 (14)
Lucifer Vol. 2 (1)
Other Covers (1)
Other pages (16)
Sketches (5)

146 posts
On 8/24/2019 at 2:06 PM, dichotomy said:

Three themes have evolved over the years naturally, but they don’t dictate my collecting.

1. Things I read as a kid

2. I like to put my kids into commissions

This just in from Steve the Dude Rude. Nailed it. I gave him a page of headshots as a reference. He was very nice, and didn’t even charge me full price for the second figure. I love the pose he came up with - very appropriate to Superman. 

B4630140-5E18-4877-B5C2-DAC3A827D835.jpeg

13 posts
On 8/31/2019 at 2:14 PM, dichotomy said:

This just in from Steve the Dude Rude. Nailed it. I gave him a page of headshots as a reference. He was very nice, and didn’t even charge me full price for the second figure. I love the pose he came up with - very appropriate to Superman. 

B4630140-5E18-4877-B5C2-DAC3A827D835.jpeg

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing

170 posts

I like to collect the creators and comics that I love, both new and classics. My interests span a wide spectrum, but I do have a big, big soft spot for horror anthologies; especially from the early Warren runs. But I also love pulp, sci-fi, and war comics as well. I'd love some very early and important Marvel art, but I don't know if it will be achievable... probably some day. There's a few specific Ditko Dr. Strange pages I'd donate a kidney for. I love great storytelling. Don't care it it's independent or big 2. Just needs to be a great story narratively and visually. I just love comics, and if the story moves me, and I the visual story-telling / art hits me... then i'll probably want to collect some pages.

It's hard to really rank my favorite artists. My favorite classic artists are Wrightson, Williamson, Toth, and Ditko... and there's so many more that I absolutely love, and want pieces from... more than I care to list. My favorite modern creators are Darwyn Cooke and Daniel Warren Johnson, and similarly so many others, more than I care to list. I just love comics.