• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market Nonsense?
1 1

83 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The other guy is offering free shipping and has 7000+ feedback compared to my around 3000.

there are multiple people priced less than I am. 

I've heard that we all create our own reality.  You seem to have proven this dictum.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I've heard that we all create our own reality.  You seem to have proven this dictum.

You are going to really flip when you realize it’s something I offered here on the boards for less... people suggested offering things on the boards first... I said that even with eBay fees I get more there. 

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You are going to really flip when you realize it’s something I offered here on the boards for less... people suggested offering things on the boards first... I said that even with eBay fees I get more there. 

You are right I flipped.  And I'm not a flipper.

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:
5 hours ago, kav said:

did the other guy have bad feedback or high shipping or some other factor?  Or maybe you were closer and they wanted it stat?  I have paid more for the same item in cases like that.

The other guy is offering free shipping and has 7000+ feedback compared to my around 3000.

there are multiple people priced less than I am. 

Maybe they just like dealing with someone with no apparent conscience?

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I have somewhat of a conscience.

i don’t have a care in the world for people asking for discounts based on whether or not they are home bound, don’t have a lot of money, a veteran or cop or fireman... 

i HATE that line... “What’s the best you can do for a wounded vet still paying medical bills.”

my response is now, “to block you and do my part to make sure you focus your finances on your medical bills and not comic books.”

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:
10 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

i don’t have a care in the world for people asking for discounts based on whether or not they are home bound, don’t have a lot of money, a veteran or cop or fireman... 

i HATE that line... “What’s the best you can do for a wounded vet still paying medical bills.”

my response is now, “to block you and do my part to make sure you focus your finances on your medical bills and not comic books.”

How about folks emotionally crippled by your incessant Phish postings?

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I’ll post a Marshall Tucker Band song just for you.  

Btw side note... Zac Brown Band might be one of the best touring bands today. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I’ll post a Marshall Tucker Band song just for you.  

Btw side note... Zac Brown Band might be one of the best touring bands today. 

Mercy please.  Sounds wretched.  All of it.

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Mercy please.  Sounds wretched.  All of it.

I shook my head tonight btw and a part of me died.  Went to eat in the city and had to take a subway.  There was a guy singing this song... and I overhear a passerby comment that “this guy is trying to sing Kanye and don’t even know the words.”  The guy with no music history didn’t realize that the guy was singing a Ray Charles classic, “I’ve got a woman” which is what “Golddigger” the song he though my was being sung was based on. 

I threw up a little in my mouth. 

No excuse not to know some Ray Charles. 

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

"Whats the most you can pay for a wounded vet still paying medical bills?  and PS wth are you buying comics if you cant pay your medical bills?"

4 hours ago, kav said:

"Whats the most you can pay for a wounded vet still paying medical bills?  and PS wth are you buying comics if you cant pay your medical bills?"

You saw the screen caps that I have posted.  I wish I could make stuff like that up. 

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

"The best I can do is raise the BIN price by $10, which I have done"

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol Guilty of that too... 

From now on add to all listings: "All sob stories requesting cheaper price will be met with instant retaliation and price increase as well as blocking"

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I always thank them for their service, but explain I'm not running a charity (shrug)

Of course, I have no idea if they're telling the truth or trying to scam me 2c

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I always thank them for their service, but explain I'm not running a charity (shrug)

Of course, I have no idea if they're telling the truth or trying to scam me 2c

The vets I know would never beg for deals like that.

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I don't do snark just to do it like so many, I got to have a reason 2c

Will any reason do cause I got some 2c

Sorry if this seller is a boardie (not really). 

This isn't someone holding out for the right price. This is someone smoking crack. What's the point?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frank-Frazetta-Volumes-3-and-5/401861798786?hash=item5d90d46b82:g:acIAAOSwKs1dSdGI

These two art books you can get for less than $20 each. In good condition. These are in terrible shape. $250 starting price, but it now $330.