• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just wow
1 1

13 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, kav said:

Maybe he’ll give me a fat stack of cash for my sealed Robin II set! :idea:

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

ok, what's this book worth in a sane marketplace? I don't know the book. Is he charging 400$ because CGC called it a 92.0 by mistake?

I believe so.  Basically trying to get a ridiculous price because of a typo.

5 hours ago, NoMan said:

ok, what's this book worth in a sane marketplace? I don't know the book. Is he charging 400$ because CGC called it a 92.0 by mistake?

in sane market it is worth the same as any other 9.2 minus the hassle of sending in for re slab.  So a bit less, like a car that you buy but it needs a water pump.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, kav said:

The book has perhaps a half million copies. This kit had maybe 5,000 made, with most used so perhaps 10-20% remain intact.  

The FOOM kits were distributed in much higher numbers but now are rare.

I'd say anything that was distributed one per shop twenty five years ago fits the criteria to be considered rare.

My rule of thumb is this- Can I walk into a major show and buy twenty, regardless of money. If so, a book isn't rare. 

If I put out a $10,000 bounty on this, will hundreds pop up? If not, it's rare. 

Does rarity effect price? Somewhat, but not nearly as much as demand.

Something can be very rare, but not in demand.

This is a good example. I doubt more than a couple hundred of these survived, but the demand probably doesn't exist.