My Original Art Prints of Classic Paintings Using Comic Book Pieces as the Medium
2 2

12 posts in this topic

5,729 posts
Posted (edited)

My pieces are recreations of classic paintings where I use pieces from comic books (modern dealer overstock - so nothing valuable or scarce was used) as my medium. I cut out the pieces and then re-arrange them, effectively creating my own puzzle, to transform them into my own take on some of history's classic paintings. 

NOTE - These are signed prints, in hand, and are a board only sale. Signed prints are not available on my website.

NOTE - the prints are printed on glossy photo paper. The pictures posted in this thread are unfortunately somewhat blurry, the prints themselves are not.

RULES

No PL or HOS members and I reserve the right not to deal with anyone on my personal list.

Returns permitted - notify me within 7 days of receipt of the print(s) if you are not satisfied. Buyer will be responsible for cost of shipping both ways.

Paypal, Money Orders, and Checks accepted (checks will be held until they clear)

Payment expected within 7 days of a request for payment unless another arrangement is reached.

First person to post Take It or a variation thereof wins, whether in thread or PM.

In the event of a dispute over who the winner is I will determine the winner.

US Shipping will be $12 total - prints will be shipped by USPS in a tube.

International shipping is available but buyer is responsible for entire cost of shipping and for risk of loss. I will also be declaring the full sale value on the customs form. (PM me prior to taking a book if you want to arrange international shipping)

Edited by Red84

5,729 posts

Girl With Ball After Lichtenstein

10.88" x 18" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $20 per print (10 available)

18.63" x 32" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $50 per print (4 available)

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.19.49 AM.png

5,729 posts

The Scream After Edvard Munch

14.88" x 18" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $25 per print (10 available)

21.25" x 26" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $50 per print (4 available)

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.26.57 AM.png

5,729 posts

Opening Of The Fifth Seal After El Greco

14.75" x 18" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $25 per print (10 available)

21.25" x 26" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $50 per print (5 available)

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.23.33 AM.png

19,066 posts

These are very cool. Good luck!!!

5,729 posts

Makes a great gift if you have a spouse that doesn't want you displaying comics. 

Two people who purchased prints from me at Wizard World said that was a big reason for them to buy.

29,206 posts
On 8/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Red84 said:

Opening Of The Fifth Seal After El Greco

14.75" x 18" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $25 per print (10 available)

21.25" x 26" (includes 1" white border) signed on the bottom right border - $50 per print (5 available)

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 12.23.33 AM.png

this is fantastic!!!

5,729 posts
51 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

this is fantastic!!!

Thanks Hector!!! :foryou: