• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eisner, Kirby, Schulz, Kane in September 888 Auctions

10 posts in this topic

Websurfing, I came across a Fine Arts auction this month from Toronto's 888 Auctions that includes pieces attributed to Will Eisner, Bob Kane, Charles Schulz, and Jack Kirby. I still get a kick out of comics art showing up in "real" art auctions (and am especially amused that they don't identify the Demon or The Spirit as the characters for Kirby and Eisner...) so I figured this might be of interest to the crowd here.

Lot #190: Jack Kirby American Pop Art Ink on Paper:

img.axd?id=5074462481&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h=0&t=&lp=&c=True&wt=False&sz=Max&rt=0&checksum=qTKCHaVV4e6pyByWjM5hcxXnTa%2bK9JPB

Lot 217: Will Eisner American Pop Marker on Paper:

img.axd?id=5074463951&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h=0&t=&lp=&c=True&wt=False&sz=Max&rt=0&checksum=xDVNOy68xv4H8iakK141kTAFJfeaQKGj

Lot 103 Charles Schulz Mixed Media on Paper Pop Art:

img.axd?id=5074457497&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h=0&t=&lp=&c=True&wt=False&sz=Max&rt=0&checksum=eca%2bYpRr0%2fst%2fBr5kFehFf3DE7NfwlWt

Lot 123 Bob Kane American Pop Mixed Media Batman:

img.axd?id=5074458421&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h=0&t=&lp=&c=True&wt=False&sz=Max&rt=0&checksum=XlbMJGNnMyHlGcdsziHnxiY7G73q7q3Y

22 hours ago, vodou said:

888...I avoid them like the plague. They always seems to have some great Jean-Michel Basquiats too, usually starting quite cheap too lol

I would love a Real Basquiat. Guessing 888 is not the place to go for a real one.