Never Seen this Before. Thoughts?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

600 posts

 Hi everyone: 

My copy of Batman 235 has two bottom staples showing at the centerfold but only one bottom stable showing on the outside of the cover while the inside front page of the cover appears to show the second staple and possibly some rust. Thoughts? 

97AE4FEF-12BE-4B93-9EBE-F60C50437BCC.jpeg

7F21FA4F-CD1F-414F-89AB-F290A02A6D40.jpeg

3943236E-4FB2-404C-B01A-7071A443C841.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,874 posts

Just plain weird... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,186 posts

It occasionally happens that a book gets stapled without a cover and the cover has to be attached with a second set. It appears that the top interior staple was removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,874 posts
22 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

It occasionally happens that a book gets stapled without a cover and the cover has to be attached with a second set. It appears that the top interior staple was removed.

Yes, I didn't see that the first time...good eye! But what do you think about the rusty bottom staple..? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,186 posts
19 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

But what do you think about the rusty bottom staple..? 

(shrug) It's a bit odd, but things like that happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,874 posts
4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

(shrug) It's a bit odd, but things like that happen. 

Yep, they sure do...'tis a bit of a mystery...  hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,960 posts

I've had 2 comics like this in all my years collecting.  One was a TTA 27.  It's somewhat frustrating, because you know it's a manufacturing mistake, but any potential buyer thinks it's a married cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,508 posts
On 9/5/2019 at 8:03 PM, gadzukes said:

I've had 2 comics like this in all my years collecting.  One was a TTA 27.  It's somewhat frustrating, because you know it's a manufacturing mistake, but any potential buyer thinks it's a married cover.

Did you have the TTA slabbed?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,960 posts
1 hour ago, telerites said:

Did you have the TTA slabbed?  

No, I put it up on ebay with a lengthy explanation about the manufacturing error and was able to sell it unslabbed.  Phew!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1