• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do Creators Keep Track of the Going Rate for Their Sigs?
1 1

50 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, kav said:

I'll bring someone so incredible he will pay me to have him sign books!

Careful...he used to be a magician. 

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Haven’t seen him for several years. That’s too bad...

I think there was something in Comic Book Marketplace about this.

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I like Steranko. First one is free. The rest are $5. Each with all money going to charity. A real talented gentleman and a hoot to be around especially if you are accompanied by a pretty woman...:roflmao:

Steranko charges $30 for CGC, not sure if he still does free.

I believe that Seanfingh's incident demonstrates that creators do indeed monitor the going rate for signatures.  

Skottie Young last year had a drastic upcharge for books that were to be witnessed by a grading company.  It was something like $100 dollars for unwitnessed sketch and $500 for a witnessed.

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I believe that Seanfingh's incident demonstrates that creators do indeed monitor the going rate for signatures.  

Skottie Young last year had a drastic upcharge for books that were to be witnessed by a grading company.  It was something like $100 dollars for unwitnessed sketch and $500 for a witnessed.

:whatthe:

So resale resale yellow label increase by $500 compared to the value of the blue label?

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

:whatthe:

So resale resale yellow label increase by $500 compared to the value of the blue label?

Not really because that turns into a $500 + slabbing fees and shipping vanity project.  I’m not spending that on a commission unless it’s a piece of work I wanted for myself. 

I would say with commissioned pieces that the higher resale value is always attributed to the more desirable of a commission. 

For example I have a few Larry Hama sketches.  Let’s say I decide to sell off a sketch of Snakes Eyes and another one of Clutch.  Which is going to go for more ?  Will it be more or less than what Hama charged?

Remember that many Stan Lee signatures on books used to go for less than the cost of having Stan sign and getting it graded.